Apple had announced last month that it will be significantly reducing its App Store fee for small businesses by half. Today we are seeing proof of that, with developers noticing that the change has already kicked in ahead of schedule.
Apple normally charges a 30% commission towards any app or in-app sale on the App Store, but following some hue and cry from multiple places about how it deals with developers and their apps on the App Store, some leniency was showed to small-ish developers with the commission being curtailed to 15% only.
As pointed out by 9to5Mac, the developer of Marvis app, Aditya Rajveer, has noticed this change in the proceeds from his $5.99 listing where he is now earning $5.09 in accordance with the new 15% commission rate.
Similarly, David Hodge, the developer of Nikola for Tesla, has also chimed in with a similar report, where a $9.99 sale per month is now seeing a proceed of $8.50 instead of $7.00.
What is interesting though is that this change in rates ahead of schedule only appears to have kicked off in the US for now, with Europe not taken into the loop as of yet. Our guess is, come deadline, this will be made available to all regions.
The change in rate of proceeds to 15% seems to be active already. I’m seeing proceeds of $5.09 for $5.99 in the United States. Thank you, Apple. 🙏 pic.twitter.com/5VurdAOFNO
— Aditya Rajveer (@AdityaRajveer) December 24, 2020
The evidence in @Nikola_App data as seen in my @ChartMogul dashboard. $9.99/mo users are now providing proceeds of $8.50/mo (from $7/mo ) pic.twitter.com/pL8rbcLu0u
— David Hodge Coding (@HodgeCoding) December 24, 2020
If you’re a developer and looking to enroll in the App Store Small Business Program, simply head on over to the webpage here.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 14.3 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.3 Released
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.3 The Easy Way [Guide]+
- Download: iOS 14.4 Beta 1 IPSW Links And OTA Along With iPadOS 14.4 Released
- Jailbreak iOS 14.3 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Tutorial]
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- iPhone 12 / Pro Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Best iPhone 12, 12 Pro Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- Best iPhone 12 Mini Screen Protector: Here’s A List Worth Checking
- Best iPhone 12 Pro Max Screen Protector: Here Is A List Worth Checking
- Jailbreak iOS 14.2 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Guide]
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.2 The Right Way [Tutorial]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.