Adobe today announced that it has new beta builds of Premiere Pro, Premiere Rush, and Audition available for download with Apple silicon support included.
This is the first time these apps have been designed with the M1 processor in mind, with Adobe noting that Apple’s chip offers “improved performance and greater energy efficiency.”
While Adobe says that users can expect to see production versions of these software releases at some point in the first half of next year, the betas are ready now – although not all features are there on day one, the company notes. If you’re planning on taking these for a spin you’d do well to make sure every feature that you need is included and ready to go.
The M1-native Premiere Pro Beta includes the core editing functions and support for the most widely used codecs: H.264, HEVC, and ProRes. Since Premiere Pro is built on a large codebase with support for a wide range of media and functions, we are taking a phased approach as we build out native Apple M1 support. This allows us to validate performance for specific parts of the application before we add new components.
Users should note that the Premiere Pro Beta for Apple M1 incorporates the latest builds of our new captions workflow, which requires a project file format upgrade. We recommend creating a copy of current projects for Beta testing to avoid compatibility issues for any ongoing production work.
Limitations for the initial Premiere Pro Beta on Apple M1 hardware include third party integrations, such as Transmit reference monitoring hardware, plugins, extension panels, and control surfaces.
Adobe also shared some graphs that outline the performance improvements that users can look forward to, further driving home the advantages of Apple’s new M1 chips. Those chips are currently available in the MacBook Air, 13-inch MacBook Pro, and Mac mini.
You can see those graphs and read more about what these betas entail over on the Adobe support community.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 14.3 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.3 Released
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.3 The Easy Way [Guide]+
- Download: iOS 14.4 Beta 1 IPSW Links And OTA Along With iPadOS 14.4 Released
- Jailbreak iOS 14.3 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Tutorial]
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- iPhone 12 / Pro Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Best iPhone 12, 12 Pro Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- Best iPhone 12 Mini Screen Protector: Here’s A List Worth Checking
- Best iPhone 12 Pro Max Screen Protector: Here Is A List Worth Checking
- Jailbreak iOS 14.2 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Guide]
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.2 The Right Way [Tutorial]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.