Apple hasn’t even announced the iPhone 11 lineup yet, but a new analysis of the supply chain suggests that Apple is expecting initial iPhone 11 sales to be better than the iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and iPhone XR from last year.
Although, it doesn’t expect the difference to be all that much. But still, any improvement is a good improvement, right?
In a note to investors, Wedbush says that there is still room to increase production should it be needed. If, for example, Apple lands on another huge hit with the iPhone 11 lineup.
Based on our recent Asia checks, we believe Apple’s supply chain is planning on 75 million units for the initial iPhone 11 launch period, which is a slight uptick versus its prior iPhone cycle last fall. We note there is capacity in the supply chain to bring this launch period unit range production up to 80 million iPhones depending on the level of pent up demand/preorder activity starting in mid-September.
As is often the case, Wedbush believes that the improved camera configuration of the new iPhones is where people will see a reason to upgrade. However, it’s also thought that some users may wait until 2020, when a bigger upgrade is expected of the overall iPhone package.
The new triple camera lens technology in iPhone 11 Pro that will work in unison for users taking pictures, along with some next-generation AI capabilities built into this year’s iPhones, will be the key specs showcased in our opinion. The video capability on iPhone 11 Pro versions will be significantly stepped up with real time recropping technology that appears to be quite impressive in our opinion.
Apple is set to announce the new iPhone lineup for 2019 tomorrow. An Apple media event will take place at the Steve Jobs theater, Apple Park, with a new Apple Watch also on the horizon.
You may also like to check out:
- iOS 13 / 13.1 GM Download Expected Released Date For iPhone And iPad
- Download iOS 13.1 Beta 2 IPSW Link And OTA Update For iPhone, iPadOS 13.1 Beta 2 For iPad
- How To Jailbreak iOS 12.4 On iPhone X, XS Max, XR, iPad Pro And More Using Unc0ver
- Downgrade iOS 12.4.1 To 12.4 For Jailbreak While Apple Is Still Signing The Firmware
- How To Jailbreak iOS 12.4 Using Unc0ver 3.5.x [Tutorial]
- Download: iOS 12.4.1 IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone And iPad Released
- Best Galaxy Note 10 / 10+ Plus Case List: Here Are The Must-Haves For Protection
- Best Galaxy Note 10 / 10+ Plus Screen Protector? Here Are Our Picks [List]
- Jailbreak iOS 12.4.1 By Downgrading And Jailbreaking iOS 12.4, Here’s How
- Download iOS 13 Beta 1 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]