Back in May the Korea Herald published a report in which it was noted that Samsung Display had signed a new deal to provide components for iPhones in 2018.
The 2018 iPhone release was originally expected to amount to two new models; a 5.28-inch model and a 6.46-inch model, both sporting OLED technology. Now the same publication is updating the news regarding the size of those displays.
Based on the new report, the previously anticipated 5.28-inch display will now actually be a 5.85-inch one, with the 6.46-inch panel set for the Plus device. That larger device would be considerably larger than the Galaxy Note 8 that was just announced by Samsung, and as anyone who has seen one of those phones in the flesh will attest, it’s already pretty large! Samsung’s phone will ship with a 6.3-inch display when it goes on sale to the public.
If all goes as the report suggests then Apple will sell three models of iPhone with OLED screens next year, with size of the third one still up in the air, and with the iPhone 8 being the first of OLED iPhones when it is released next month. With iPhone sales numbering more than 200 million per year, that is a considerable number of OLED screens that will need to be produced in order to meet demand, meaning Samsung may have signed quite the deal earlier this year.
The iPhone 8, which has been rumored for months now, will finally be announced during a media event that is strongly expected to take place on September 12th.
If that is the case, then we would expect it to go on sale the following week alongside the iPhone 7s and iPhone 7s Plus that will also be announced during the event.
(Source: Korea Herald)
You may also like to check out:
- Download: Pokemon Go 1.43.1 For iOS, 0.73.1 APK For Android Rolling Out
- Pokemon Go 1.43.1 IPA And 0.73.1 Hack Available To Download Now
- iOS 10.3.2 Jailbreak And iOS 11 Beta Jailbreak Gets Video Demo
- Reset Kodi 17.4 Krypton, Clear User Data And Start Fresh The Easy Way, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 11 Cannot Connect To App Store Error On iPhone Or iPad, Here’s How
- How To Use iOS 11 Emergency SOS Feature On iPhone
- Download iOS 11 Beta 8 & Install On iPhone 7, 7 Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- Jailbreak iOS 10.3.3 / 10.3.2 / 10.3.1 / 10.3 For iPhone And iPad [Latest Status Update]
You can follow us on Twitter, add us to your circle on Google+ or like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple and the Web.