It was only last week when we reported about a USB Modchip called the PS Jailbreak for the PlayStation 3 which enable users to create backups of original games on the internal or any external drive connected to the PS3. One of the biggest complain has been the high price tag ($169), considering that it could go to waste if Sony cripples it in the next firmware update. And so as a result, Chinese clones of PS Jailbreak USB Modchip have started to pop up already which costs relatively less (around $20 to $30) than the original thing.
According to the original creators of PS Jailbreak, different “Chinese Knockoffs” are floating around and we should stay away from them. If you buy the original PS Jailbreak USB Modchip, you will get complete warranty and support from the original author of PS Jailbreak, while the rip-off version will not cater to anything.
Beware of imitators and Chinese knock-offs, PS Jailbreak is the original solution, Buy original for warranty and support
These cheap alternate clones may flood the market in the coming days and weeks. Now if the code of original PS Jailbreak USB goes public, then there’s a high possibility that anyone will be able to make their own custom USB Modchips for free, which I believe is how it should have been right from start. [via MaxConsole]
You may also like to check out:
- How to Jailbreak / Mod Your PlayStation 3 to Run Games Without Original Discs with PS Jailbreak [Guide]
- Sony PSP Ad Pokes Fun at Apple iPhone / iOS Gaming [Video]
- Sony Ericsson to Introduce PlayStation Phone Running Android 3.0 Gingerbread [Rumor]
- PlayStation 4 / PS4 Game Development Already Under Way. Rumored for 2012 to 2014 Release
- BREAKING: PlayStation 3 / PS3 Has Been Finally Hacked to Run Games Without Original Discs [Video]