If you got your Samsung Galaxy S II with a SIM lock, meaning that your carrier barred your phone from using any other company’s SIM card, then there is some great news for you! There is now a free app available in Android Market that searches for your Samsung Galaxy S II’s SIM unlock code. Apart from this, the app can also find unfreeze code that might help if running SIM unlock code search feature lands your phone in an unresponsive state. Samsung Galaxy S II SIM unlock code finder is based on XDA developer Odia’s mode and has been compiled plus released in Market by Chainfire.
The procedure is simple and all you have to do is follow the instructions below to SIM unlock your SGS II:
- The first step is to download SGS2 SIM Unlock Code Finder from Android Market on your phone. In case you aren’t located in US or this app doesn’t show up in searches, then use Market Enabler app to enable any US Market.
- Once you have downloaded the app, launch by tapping it from your homescreen.
- Now simply tap on Find SIM unlock code button and wait for the app to search for it.
- Once the code shows up, write it down on a piece of paper or anywhere you like.
- Power off your device, insert some other carrier’s SIM card and reboot your device.
- Now the phone will prompt your for an unlock code.
- Write the code you previously noted down and wait for the SIM unlock to happen.
And if you are successful and your code is right, you will now have a SIM unlocked Samsung Galaxy S II. Please note that Chainfire has categorically asked users to avoid redoing the procedure if it doesn’t unlock or gives a wrong unlock code. Repeating this procedure might end up your SGS II in a freeze state, and you might have to use the same app for Unfreeze code. For more details, support and feedback, you can visit the official XDA thread.