Here is a shiny (pun intended) new application called Glowing App Icons that enables you to make your own radically distinctive and unequaled wallpapers and that too with glowing app icons!
Computer enthusiasts tend to change their gadget’s wallpaper everyday. I, too, am afflicted of the change-wallpaper-every-day-of-the-week condition as I cannot bear having the same background day in, day out. I use Mabilo Wallpapers on my HTC Desire to regularly change wallpapers and am quick to bookmark any list-based background post. (check this one out by aleptu)
Glowing App Icons works by allowing you to set a wallpaper (you can choose it yourself or by picking any from the ones that come with the app). Afterwards, you can choose in which color you’d like the app icons to glow. You can choose any color by playing around with the settings!
Make your application icons glow!
With Glowing App Icons the possibilities are endless. Create custom glowing icon wallpaper for your iPhone or iPod touch.
- Choose from a fabulous selection of included HD wallpapers.
- Select any photo you desire from your own photo album.
- Select your glow color from a color slider so you are limited only by your imagination.
- Create a new glowing background every day!
Best of All! It’s Free!
Please Note: this app does not work on the iPhone 3G
Glowing App Icons is free + ad-supported and available from the App Store. [via AppAdvice]
Download Glowing App Icons for iPhone, iPod touch [iTunes Link]
You may also like to check out:
- Redmond Pie’s iPhone and iPod touch Themes Gallery
- Motorola Droid Lock Screen Theme for iPhone
- Turn Your iPhone and iPod touch into iPad
- Animated Live HD Wallpapers on iPhone 4, Running iOS 4.x ! [Video]
- This Awesome Retina Display Wallpaper Shows Off iPhone 4′s Internal Circuit Board in Great Detail