The folks behind the increasingly popular media center software Kodi are still basking in the warm afterglow of a big release in Kodi 17 Krypton, but the team is already hard at work getting the software’s next big fix release ready for prime time.
Kodi 17.1, continuing the codename Krypton from version 17.0, is now ready for testing and has reached the initial Release Candidate stage, with the RC 1 build now available to download and test on compatible devices and platforms already.
Writing in a blog post, the Kodi developers announced that the new download for Kodi 17.1 RC 1 was ready to go while outlining a list of bugs that are currently fixed as part of the release candidate.
There are a few in there that we are sure you will be familiar with if you are a heavy Kodi user, and it is excellent news that the Kodi team is intent on minimizing the number of issues users have to contend with. Below is just a selection of the bugs fixed in this release.
Fixes done in this release candidate:
• Update Estuary and Estouchy with some bugfixes and improvements
• Fix EDL skipping
• Fix slow song smartplaylist
• Several PVR fixes
• Update Chorus webinterface
• Fix addons not being marked broken when they are updated with broken flag
• Add limiter on random songs which should prevent large memory usage on big libraries
• Improve keyboard mapping during button mapping
• Improve analog stick handling
• Improve plugin performance when building the content list
• Include RTMP inputstream add-on for Windows
Alongside the announcement of the new release candidate, the team behind Kodi also took the chance to remind everyone that they are but a small team, and that, as a result, not all bugs can be squashed. In fact, the announcement also served as a request for assistance from any developers willing to join the fray.
We do want to note that since we are just a small team some of the reported bugs might not get fixed due to lack of developers or time. As such we would certainly welcome any developer who has the ability to help us out to try and fix the bugs he or she encounters and submit it to our code base for review.
So there we have it. If you are a Kodi user and know your way around some code, please do help out if you have the time. All Kodi users thank you in advance!
Kodi 17.1 RC 1 builds can be downloaded over from kodi.tv.
You might also like to check out:
- Kodi Coming To Xbox One As Universal Windows Platform (UWP) App
- How To Sideload Kodi On iOS 10 Without Jailbreak [Tutorial]
- How To Sideload / Install Kodi On Apple TV 4
- Sideload / Install Kodi On Amazon Fire TV Stick The Easy Way [How-To Tutorial]
- WhatsApp / WhatsPad++ On iPad And iOS 10 Without Jailbreak, Here’s How To Install It