Redsn0w 0.9.6 is now available for Windows. You can use it to jailbreak iPhone 3G and iPod touch 2G on iOS 4.1. If your iPhone 3G relies on Ultrasn0w unlock, stay away from Redsn0w as it updates your baseband to the latest version, making it impossible (for now) to unlock.
This is a beta release of redsn0w for the iPhone3G and iPod Touch 2G at FW 4.1 or 4.0. It uses the same pwnage2 DFU-mode exploit that we’ve been using since the 2.x days. It does not include the SHAtter exploit developed by pod2g. Nothing new is revealed to Apple with this jailbreak.
if you have an “MC” model of the ipt2g, your jailbreak will be tethered…sorry! (Consider rolling back to a FW supported by jailbreakme.com or spiritjb.com)
The instructions are exactly similar to the ones posted earlier for Mac OS X users earlier. Simply download Redsn0w 0.9.6 for Windows from the link given below and then follow the complete step by step instructions posted here to jailbreak iPhone 3G and iPod touch 2G on iOS 4.1.
You may also like to check out:
- How to Jailbreak iPhone 4, 3GS, iPod touch 3G / 2G, and iPad 3.2.1 with JailbreakMe 2.0
- How to Unlock iOS 4.0.1 on iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G [Guide]
- How to Jailbreak (PwnageTool, Redsn0w), Unlock and Downgrade iOS 4.0.2 [Guide]
- How to Jailbreak and Unlock iOS 4.1 on iPhone 3G and iPod touch 2G with Redsn0w, Ultrasn0w, PwnageTool, GreenPois0n, and, SHAtter [Downgrade]
- How to Jailbreak iOS 4.2 with PwnageTool, Redsn0w and Sn0wbreeze [Downgrade]