Mobile carrier AT&T has announced that it expects to be the first network in the United States to roll out true mobile 5G services before the end of 2018. The network has announced via a press release that mobile 5G services will become a “reality for consumers and businesses this year in a dozen cities.”
The announcement is clearly one of pride for AT&T who is waxing lyrical about the fact that the business was one of the key drivers behind accelerating the 5G standard during the 2017 calendar year.
As part of the announcement, AT&T has expressed its belief that the promise of 5G is “seemingly endless,” and that the company is moving as fast as it possibly can to make that promise a “reality” for both consumers and businesses who have plans with the carrier:
AT&T expects to be the first U.S. company to introduce mobile 5G service in a dozen markets by late 2018. The promise of mobile 5G is seemingly endless and we’re moving fast to make that promise a reality. To reach this ambitious milestone, we’ve taken a different approach to transforming our network. AT&T 5G services will be based on industry standards for 5G. To make this happen, we were one of the key drivers for standards acceleration last year.
The company has also stated that it is committed to the “long-term vision” of 5G technology, promising that it isn’t purely about faster download and upload speeds on a mobile device. The rolled out technology will also mean much lower latency which refers to how long it takes for that particular network to recognize and respond to the fact that a device has asked for a specific set of data. This should have a huge impact on the streaming market, meaning that device owners will get much faster download speeds but also a reduced delay in that device actually receiving the data that it has requested.
As part of that exciting announcement AT&T has declined to specify which cities will be part of the initial dozen that receives the technology before the end of the current calendar year. However, we’re fairly confident that an additional announcement will be made in due course.
You may also like to check out:
- iOS 11.2.5 Beta 3 Changes, Release Notes And Changelog Details You Need To Know About
- iOS 11 / 11.1.2 Jailbreak Now Allows Some Cydia Tweaks To Be Installed Thanks To New To.Panga Update
- iOS 11.2.5 Beta 3 IPSW / OTA Download Released, Here Are The Details
- Houdini Beta 2 IPA iOS 11 / 11.1.2 Semi-Jailbreak Released [Download]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.1.2 Using LiberiOS, Here’s How [Tutorial]
- Jailbreak iOS 11.2.1 / 11.2 / 11.2.5 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]
- Downgrade iOS 11 / 11.2.1 To 11.1.2 On iPhone Or iPad [How-To Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.1.2 On iPhone X, 8, 7, iPad Using LiberiOS [Updated]