Houdini, the unique semi-jailbreak which was originally released last month has been updated and released with added iOS 11 compatibility. Abraham Masri, the developer behind the utility, has also bundled in additional utilities and power with the beta 2 release.
Houdini is unique because it offers what is being referred to as a “semi-jailbreak” experience.
Running Houdini on a compatible device wouldn’t fully jailbreak the device, nor would it allow full packages which require Substrate or a full jailbreak to function, but it will allow customization and theme-based tweaks to be installed. It is for that reason Houdini has instantly resonated with the theming community as well as individuals who only ever jailbreak a device in order to change how it looks and feels.
This latest release, which takes Houdini to beta 2, extends support beyond iOS 10.3.2 with full compatibility for devices running iOS 11 through to iOS 11.1.2 thanks to the work by Google’s Ian Beer. In addition to now being compatible with iOS 11.1.2, Masri has also made some additional changes to extend what Houdini is capable of providing to device owners as well as some internal changes to improve the whole process, including process and security efficiencies. The full changelog for the Houdini beta 2 release is as follows:
- iOS 11 support
- Faster startup time
- Change Icon shapes (iOS 11)
- System-wide ads Blocker (iOS 11)
- Change Emoji fonts (iOS 11)
- Change boot logo (iOS 11)
- Add your face to Animoji (iOS 11) (X only)
- Themes temporarily disabled (iOS 11)
- Added safety measurements
As you can see from those release notes, those using Houdini will now be able to change icon shapes and emoji fonts on iOS 11, as well as make amendments to the boot logo when executed on one of Apple’s 64-bit devices running iOS 11 – iOS 11.1.2. There is also iPhone X-specific functionality in there in the form of adding a face to Animoji. As with the initial release of Houdini, support is offered for all 64-bit devices running iOS 10.x – with the exception of iOS 10.3.3 – and is now extended to those same devices running iOS 11 through to iOS 11.1.2.
You can grab the latest version of the Houdini IPA over at the official website here iabem97.github.io/houdini_website/. Once you have the IPA with you, check out our guide on installing unsigned IPA files on your iPhone or iPad here: Sideload iOS Apps On Windows, Mac With Cydia Impactor Without Jailbreak, Here’s How.
You may also like to check out:
- iOS 11 / 11.1.2 Jailbreak Now Allows Some Cydia Tweaks To Be Installed Thanks To New To.Panga Update
- Set Custom Boot Logo On iOS 11 / 11.1.2 iPhone Without Jailbreak, Here’s How
- Download: LiberiOS 11.0.1 IPA For iOS 11.1.2 Jailbreak Released, Here’s What Is New
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.1.2 Using LiberiOS, Here’s How [Tutorial]
- Jailbreak iOS 11.2.1 / 11.2 / 11.2.5 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]
- Jailbreak tvOS 11 / 11.1 On Apple TV 4 / 4K Using LiberTV 1.1
- Downgrade iOS 11 / 11.2.1 To 11.1.2 On iPhone Or iPad [How-To Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.1.2 On iPhone X, 8, 7, iPad Using LiberiOS [Updated]