Recently, however, Google announced that it would be preventing Amazon devices from viewing content via YouTube, and that started as of January 1st.
It should have come as no shock either, with the company announcing this was coming back in early December. “We’ve been trying to reach agreement with Amazon to give consumers access to each other’s products and services,” Google said in a statement in last month.
“But Amazon doesn’t carry Google products like Chromecast and Google Home, doesn’t make Prime Video available for Google Cast users, and last month stopped selling some of Nest’s latest products. Given this lack of reciprocity, we are no longer supporting YouTube on Echo Show and FireTV. We hope we can reach an agreement to resolve these issues soon.”
There are, of course, ways around this limitation if you have the will and, of course, the know-how. We can’t help you with the first, but we can certainly help you with the second!
Getting YouTube back onto an Amazon device is a case of installing and using the Silk or Firefox web browsers to access YouTube content just as you would from a computer. No, it’s not ideal but it is, of course, very much better than not being able to watch that sweet YouTube hotness. After all, who would possibly want to be without the great content that is created and posted to the site constantly? Nobody – that’s who.
There are, of course, other more drastic options, like getting your hands on something else that can play YouTube content on a TV. At this point, that’s pretty much everything!
You may also like to check out:
- iOS 11 / 11.1.2 Jailbreak Now Allows Some Cydia Tweaks To Be Installed Thanks To New To.Panga Update
- Set Custom Boot Logo On iOS 11 / 11.1.2 iPhone Without Jailbreak, Here’s How
- Download: LiberiOS 11.0.1 IPA For iOS 11.1.2 Jailbreak Released, Here’s What Is New
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.1.2 Using LiberiOS, Here’s How [Tutorial]
- Jailbreak iOS 11.2.1 / 11.2 / 11.2.5 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]
- Jailbreak tvOS 11 / 11.1 On Apple TV 4 / 4K Using LiberTV 1.1
- Downgrade iOS 11 / 11.2.1 To 11.1.2 On iPhone Or iPad [How-To Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.1.2 On iPhone X, 8, 7, iPad Using LiberiOS [Updated]