For last few months, there were lot of speculations about the Apple’s upcoming tablet device. Lots of controversies in the meanwhile developed with respect to its features and more so to its naming. Many websites dropped several hints on web regarding its features whereas lot was discussed to find out what concepts Steve had at the back of his mind while going for this new device category.
- Will run all of your existing iPhone Apps and Games
- iBooks – Book Store like Amazon
- iWorks Suite of Apps
- .5 inches thin and weighs 1.5 lbs
- 9.7 inch IPS Capacitive multitouch display
- 1GHz proc Apple A4 chip (PA Semi!)
- Comes in 16GB, 32GB and 64GB
- 802.11n WiFi, BT 2.1 and Compass
- 10 hrs working battery life, 1 month standby
No word on the notifications, multitasking and phone calls.
iPad comes in two models, with and without 3G. Price details are as follows. WiFi model will be available at retail in 60 days time while the one with WiFi+3G will be available in 90 days from today.
UPDATE 1: Official video and pictures of Apple iPad can be found here.
You may also like to check out:
- Jailbreaking Apple iPad – The Possibilities
- iPad vs Kindle DX – The Definitive Comparison
- iPad vs HP Slate – Where Do You Stand in this Mac vs PC War?