Everyone is working from home right now and that means that everyone is dealing with having to use video conferencing apps and services. Zoom is one that has been a big winner recently, but things are starting to go south.
According to a new report from The Intercept, Zoom video calls aren’t end-to-end encrypted; despite Zoom suggesting that they are.
It appears that Zoom video calls are only encrypted on transmission, meaning that anyone who has access to the company’s servers would theoretically be able to intercept calls and see the participants of them, too.
That’s bad news, especially with competition like FaceTime having been using end-to-end encryption for years. However, Zoom says that things aren’t quite as they seem.
But when reached for comment about whether video meetings are actually end-to-end encrypted, a Zoom spokesperson wrote, “Currently, it is not possible to enable E2E encryption for Zoom video meetings. Zoom video meetings use a combination of TCP and UDP. TCP connections are made using TLS and UDP connections are encrypted with AES using a key negotiated over a TLS connection.”
Make of that what you will, but the fact this even comes up should be a concern for those who those who are holding important, sometimes very important calls over Zoom. And importantly, it isn’t the only option available to those working from home, either.
This one is likely to run and run so we’ll be keeping our eyes peeled for the next update here.
(Source: The Intercept)
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 13.4.5 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Update Along With iPadOS 13.4.5 Beta 1 Released
- Kodi 18.6 IPA APK Download For iOS 13 / iPadOS 13, Android Released
- Run Multiple 2 WhatsApp Accounts Number On 1 iPhone The Right Way, Here’s How
- Download: iOS 13.4 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update And iPadOS 13.4 For Compatible Devices Released
- Jailbreak iPhone 11 Pro Max With Unc0ver 4.0.0 On iOS 13.3 Now
- Checkra1n For Windows Alternative: How To Use Ra1nUSB For iOS 13.3 Jailbreak
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Downgrade iOS 13.4 To iOS 13.3.1 For Checkra1n Jailbreak – How To
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.