WhatsApp, the hugely popular instant messaging app, now supports a feature that promises to make your chats more private and secure than ever before.
While WhatsApp chats are already end-to-end encrypted, that isn’t much use if someone has your unlocked iPhone?
This new Chat Lock feature changes all of that by locking your chosen chats behind another layer of security like Touch ID or Face ID.
“We believe this feature will be great for people who share their phones from time to time with a family member, or in moments where someone else is holding your phone at the exact moment an extra-special chat arrives,” said Meta in a press release.
The new feature will be available to everyone using the latest version of WhatsApp which is available for download from the App Store now. You might not see the new option immediately however, it’s still rolling out to users on both iPhones and Android phones and it could take a couple of days before it finds its way to you.
Turning on Chat Lock is simple — tap the name at the top of the conversation to open the chat’s settings and you should see a new lock option. If it isn’t there, hang fire until your account is given the new option.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 16.4.1 OTA File, IPSW Links Out Now
- How To Fix Bad iOS 16 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 16.4.1 On iPhone And iPad Latest Status Update
- iOS 16 Compatible And Supported iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- iOS 16 Hidden Features: 100+ Changes Apple Didn’t Tell Us About
- Download: iPadOS 16.4 Final OTA File, IPSW Links Released
- Install macOS Ventura On Unsupported Macs Using OpenCore, Here’s How
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.