Apple has today released watchOS 5.3.2 for Apple Watch Series 4. It’s an update that a ton of people won’t need, because it’s only available for those with older iPhones. Specifically, those that don’t support iOS 13 and as a result can’t update an Apple Watch to watchOS 6.x.
Something that a lot of people won’t realize is that you need to have an iPhone running iOS 13 in order to update an Apple Watch to watchOS 6.
While Apple Watch Series 4 supports iPhone 5s and iPhone 6, neither of those phones can run iOS 13. Which leaves people in a bit of a sticky situation.
That means that anyone with an older iPhone would miss out on security fixes that are added to watchOS 6.x. That’s why Apple has released watchOS 5.3.2 for Apple Watch Series 4.
The same update was already made available for Apple Watch Series 1, Series 2, and Series 3 last month including a couple of important security fixes.
- Impact: A remote attacker may be able to cause unexpected application termination or arbitrary code execution
- Description: An out-of-bounds read was addressed with improved input validation.
If you’re using an iPhone 5s or iPhone 6 and have an Apple Watch Series 4, we’d definitely suggest picking up this update. We’d also suggest it might be time to pick up a newer iPhone, too. There’s a lot to like in iOS 13 specifically and you don’t have to buy a new iPhone 11 Pro to get your hands on it.
You may also like to check out:
- macOS 10.15 Catalina Compatibility: Full List Of Compatible Macs
- Download: iOS 13.2 / iPadOS 13.2 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Released
- iOS 13.2 Beta 1 Profile File Download Without Developer Account, Here’s How
- Download: iOS 13.1.2 / iPadOS 13.1.2 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released For iPhone And iPad
- Downgrade iOS 13.1.2 / iPadOS 13.1.2 To iOS 13.1.1 / 13.1 / 13.0 / 12.1.4, Here’s How
- Best iPhone 11, 11 Pro Max Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- iPhone 11 / 11 Pro Max Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Install WhatsApp Web On iPad Thanks To iOS 13 And iPadOS 13.1
- Jailbreak iOS 13 / 13.1 Status Update [Continuously Updated With Latest Info]
- iOS 13.1 Jailbreak Update: Security Content Fixes And Patches Detailed By Apple