Good news for unlockers! A new version of Sn0wbreeze 2.3 is now available which supports Ultrasn0w unlock for iPhone 4 and 3GS users (old basebands only) running the latest iOS 4.3 firmware.
The following step by step instructions will help you jailbreak and unlock supported iPhone 4 and 3GS running on iOS 4.3. However before we proceed, please make note of the following:
- Sn0wbreeze 2.3b4 supports Ultrasn0w unlock for basebands (01.59.00 / 04.26.08 / 05.11.07 / 05.12.01 / 05.13.04 / 06.15.00)
- Ultrasn0w is NOT compatible with the following basebands! (02.10.04 / 03.10.01 / 04.10.01 / 05.14.02 / 05.15.04)
- Upgrading your iPhone 3GS baseband to the 06.15.00 iPad baseband hack to unlock MAY cause you to lose your GPS!
- Sn0wbreeze is a tethered iOS 4.3 jailbreak for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
For iPhone 3GS Only: How to Update iPhone 3GS to 06.15.00 Baseband for Unlock:
Ultrasn0w 1.2 unlocking requires that your iPhone 3GS is jailbroken with 06.15.00 baseband. Follow the complete guide posted here (with PwnageTool) or here (for Redsn0w) to update your iPhone 3GS baseband to 06.15.00 and jailbreak it on iOS 4.1 / 4.2.1 before proceeding with the following steps.
Step 1: Of course you need to jailbreak your iOS device before you can unlock it. The latest tool to jailbreak iPhone 4 or 3GS is Sn0wbreeze 2.3b4. You can download Sn0wbreeze 2.3b4 from here, and check out our step by step guide posted here for jailbreaking iPhone 4, 3GS, iPod touch 4G / 3G and iPad on the latest iOS 4.3 firmware.
Step 2: After jailbreaking, to unlock your iPhone on the supported basebands using Ultrasn0w, follow these steps.
- Find the “Cydia” app on your iPhone and tap to run it.
- Once Cydia is running, tap on “Manage” tab.
- In Manage, there will be three options as shown in the screenshot below. Just tap on “Sources”.
- Now tap “Edit” and then “Add”. A popup like prompt (that is shown in the screenshot below) will open. Here type: “http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com” and tap on“Add Source”. This will add a repository in Cydia that contains Ultrasn0w. Wait while Cydia performs the update.
- When Cydia is done with adding resources. Go to search and type “ultrasn0w 1.2”. Install this application and your iPhone will get unlocked automatically.
Step 3: A reboot is required to make the unlock work. Restart your iPhone and it will boot into an unlocked state. Enjoy!
Mac user? no problem. We have already covered extensive tutorials on how to jailbreak iOS 4.3 using PwnageTool:
- How to Jailbreak iOS 4.3 on iPhone 4
- How to Jailbreak iOS 4.3 on iPhone 3GS (New and Old Bootrom)
- How to Jailbreak iOS 4.3 on iPad
- How to Jailbreak iOS 4.3 on iPod touch 4G and 3G
Keep in mind though that Ultrasn0w fix for iOS 4.3 is implemented in Sn0wbreeze 2.3 only. If you jailbreak your iPhone using PwnageTool on Mac then you wont be able to unlock it using Ultrasn0w.
You can follow us on Twitter or join our Facebook fanpage to keep yourself updated on all the latest iPhone jailbreaking and unlocking releases.