Developer @Pwn20wnd has broken what appeared to be a lull in terms of releases by announcing a 2.0.0 public beta of the unc0ver jailbreak.
This release not only comes as a surprise but follows on from the release of 1.1.4 more than three weeks ago.
The lead developer on the unc0ver project – @Pwn20wnd – announced the 2.0.0 release via the usual social mechanism, signaling that the release will be made available to the public in a beta capacity but that it’s also his intention to push it out as an official release as long as no major issues are reported in the next few days:
unc0ver v2.0.0 is now out for public testing. This will be followed with the official release if we don’t receive any major bug reports for the next few days. Please read the changelog.
In reference to the changelog, and in order to highlight what is new with version 2.0.0, the official GitHub repository gives an indication of the new inclusions:
- Initial Cydia Substrate support
- A switch in place for re-installing OpenSSH
- A switch in place for re-installing Cydia
- A dedicated button for restarting Springboard when the device is not in a jailbroken state
- An ability to update jailbreak components over-the-air (OTA)
- An update for bootstrap
- A number of bug fixes and improvements; Fix for jailbreakd error, improvements to battery life, Electra loop-of-death mitigations, improvements to the speed of system reload
It seems immediately evident that this particular release is intended to get version 2.0.0 out into the public domain in order to get real testing done and real feedback from the members of the community who are passionate about this product and who are interested in ensuring that it is as stable as possible. As per the tweet, if nothing major gets reported to the development team then it’s likely that this will be pushed out sooner rather than later as a full public release.
Other than the things mentioned in the changelog, the standard format of unc0ver remains the same. It’s still a semi-tethered jailbreak intended for use on devices running iOS 11.0 through to iOS 11.4 beta 3. If you are passionate about jailbreaking then you can grab the latest public beta of unc0ver right now and put it through its paces.
Head over to github.com/pwn20wndstuff/Undecimus to grab the latest unc0ver jailbreak app.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 12.1.1 Beta 3 IPSW Links And OTA, tvOS 12.1.1, macOS 10.14.2, watchOS 5.1.2 Beta 2
- Jailbreak iOS 12.1 Development: All The Recent iOS 12 Progress In One Place
- Jailbreak iOS 12.0.1 Gets New Hope As Project Zero’s Bug Has Been Found To Have Been Patched In iOS 12.1
- Downgrade iOS 12.1 To iOS 12.0.1 On iPhone Or iPad, Here’s How
- Download iOS 12.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone And iPad
- Jailbreak iOS 12.1 / 12.0.1 / 12 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]