You can now download unc0ver 3.0.0 iOS 12 jailbreak final version IPA for your compatible iPhone and iPad devices. Here are the details.
After months of beta releases we now have the final version 3.0.0 release of the jailbreaking tool unc0ver, and it can be downloaded now.
The final 3.0.0 release comes very shortly after a final beta release which promised four main changes from the beta that came before it. However, v3.0.0 b51 wasn’t long for this world and was very closely followed by v3.0.0 final.
- The changes that went into that final beta, and subsequently the final release were:
- Clean up
- Update jailbreak-resources to improve the performance and fix a kernel memory leak
- Display the bytes written to the kernel memory in the status message
- Fix the icon cache issue in RootFS Restore (e.g. Cydia staying on the home screen after restoring the root filesystem)
While the full support for A12 and A12X devices like the iPhone XS, iPhone XR, and iPad Pro is still in the wind, unc0ver can still be used for older devices running iOS 12.1.2. As for development on a jailbreak for those devices, we’re still waiting on Jay (Saurik) Freeman getting Cydia Substrate updated, although given his recent comments on the unwanted attention it is currently garnering him with, we wouldn’t blame him if he never finished it.
For now though, this v3.0.0 release of unc0ver is ready to go and can be downloaded from github.com/pwn20wndstuff/Undecimus/releases.
This is the point where we’d normally remind everyone that this is a beta release and to expect instability, and even though this is no longer in beta form there are still plenty of potential gotchas when jailbreaking. Please make sure you bear them in mind when using unc0ver and other tools like it.
If you haven’t jailbroken yet, check out our video tutorial below on how to jailbreak iOS 12 using unc0ver:
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for more videos.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 12.2 Final IPSW Links And OTA Update For iPhone And iPad
- Download: iOS 12.3 Beta 2 IPSW Links, OTA Update Along With Beta 2 Of macOS 10.14.5, tvOS 12.3, watchOS 5.2.1 Released
- iOS 12 / 12.1.2 iPhone XS Max Jailbreak Update Provided By Unc0ver Lead Developer
- iOS 12.2 Jailbreak Status: Here’s What You Need To Know
- Jailbreak iOS 12 / 12.1.2 / 12.1.2 Beta 3 With Unc0ver And Install Cydia, Here’s How [Tutorial]
- How To Downgrade iOS 12.2 To iOS 12.1.4 On iPhone Or iPad