The official Twitter blog has just announced full iOS 4.2 compatibility for iPad and iPhone clients, and official push notifications support for Direct Messages (DMs) and Mentions for Twitter for iPhone client.
When you’re out and about, your phone probably isn’t always in front of you. It might be in your pocket or purse or on a table – perhaps with the screen off. We want to make sure you see important Tweets even when you’re not looking at Twitter at the moment. To help with that, today we’re launching push notifications for @mentions.
Whenever an account that you follow mentions you, you’ll immediately receive a notification. You’ll know who is talking to or about you on Twitter, and you’ll be able to continue the conversation in real-time. Notifications for @mentions will initially be available on SMS and on the latest version of Twitter for iPhone, which you can download today from the App Store.
What’s New in Version 3.2.1
* Push notifications for @mentions and messages
* Improved display of shortened URLs
* Correctly load reserved Twitter.com paths, such as http://twitter.com/newtwitter
* Fix connection error caused by a device clock being set incorrectly
* Additional retina graphics
* Enable geotagging in your account with one tap
* fix itunes links
* Inline media
* Manage saved searches
* UI improvements
Twitter for iPhone & iPad is still propagating through the App Store worldwide. Download link is given below.
Download Twitter for iPhone/iPad [iTunes link]
Check out our iPhone Apps Gallery and iPad Apps Gallery to explore more apps for your iPhone and iPad.
You may also like to check out:
- Official Twitter for iPad App is Finally Here !
- Twitter for iPhone Now Available for Download
- Official Twitter App for Android Goes Live
- Official Twitter App for Windows Phone 7 Released !
You can follow me on Twitter or join our Facebook fanpage to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google and Apple.