Apple announced macOS 11 Big Sur during its big WWDC event last month and since then developers have been able to take the update for a spin in beta form. There’s been a lot said and written about that update with not everyone in favor of its visual redesign.
But if you are keen on it you’re probably sick of seeing some old icons alongside new ones. These custom icon packs aim to fix all of that.
The new icons are designed for those third-party apps that don’t yet have their own Big Sur icons ready to go. Apple doesn’t want developers to have their own icons until later this year, leaving those testing the betas with old-style icons alongside Apple’s new ones.
Designer Stijn de Vries has created some icons of their own, bringing custom icons to some of the most popular apps likely to be installed on your Mac and living in your Dock.
At the moment you can find icons for Nova, Step Two, Twitter, Github, Pages, Keynote, and Visual Studio Code. The designer does also note that there will be more icons coming at some point in the future, too.
You can now download these Big Sur icons from https://t.co/xnuQBvOfQ6 https://t.co/OLQffT8Got
— Stijn de Vries (@StijnDV) July 4, 2020
Alongside that icon pack, twitter user Bas van der Ploeg also shared their own icons, adding Sketch, Tweetbot, and more to the mix.
Download the icons for free at:
🔗 https://t.co/jEJADkk7ob pic.twitter.com/aHTDa2Ml0r
— Bas van der Ploeg (@basvanderploeg) July 5, 2020
You can download all of these icons now – they won’t cost you a penny. To make the switch simply, right-click on the app you wish to change the icon of, and select “Get Info” . Now simply drag the .icns file of your choice onto the small icon in the top-left. Quit the app if already running, restart it, and marvel at the new icon; simple.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 14 Beta 1 IPSW Links And Install On iPhone 11, Pro, XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- iOS 14 Beta 1 Download IPSW Links, OTA Profile And iPadOS 14 Beta 1 For iPhone And iPad
- iOS 14 Beta 1 Profile File Download Without Dev Account, Here’s How
- iOS 14 Beta 2 Profile Download Release Date Expectation
- Download: iOS 13.6 Beta 3 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File, Beta 3 Of iPadOS 13.6 Out Now
- iOS 13.5.1 Downgrade No Longer Possible After Apple Stops Signing iOS 13.5 Jailbreak Firmware
- Jailbreak iOS 13.5.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Video Tutorial]
- Jailbreak iOS 13.5 On iPhone 11, Pro Max, SE, iPad Pro, More Using Unc0ver 5.0.0 [Tutorial]
- Download: iOS 13.5.1 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released For iPhone And iPad
- Jailbreak iOS 13.5 Without Or No Computer, Here’s How
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.