After what’s felt like forever and years of delays, the Tesla Semi, an electric truck, is getting ready to enter production. While it won’t be the first all-electric truck on the market, it will be the first one that promises class 8 status for long-range hauling.
As reported by Electrek, the Tesla Semi was first announced in 2017 with some promising numbers.
When launching Tesla Semi in 2017, the automaker said that the electric truck’s production versions, a class 8 truck with an 80,000-lb capacity, will have 300-mile and 500-mile range options for $150,000 and $180,000, respectively.
Since then it’s all been worryingly quiet, with Tesla having said in 2017 that it planned to have the truck ready for market by 2019. We’re now obviously in 2021, and we’re still waiting. Tesla is no stranger to delayed vehicles and features of course, but now sources are telling Electrek that production is ready to get underway.
Now sources familiar with the matter told Electrek that the drive axle production line is ready and the general assembly line is going through its final debugging before starting production.
It is one of the last steps before starting production of the all-electric truck.
While very few of us will be looking to buy one of these things, there is no denying that the idea of a fleet of Tesla Semi trucks driving around would be good for everyone. Now we wait and hope that there are no more delays for what has already been a problematic launch for a company with a history of problematic launches.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: Windows 11 Build 22000.71 ISO Update Released With New Widgets and More
- How To Install Windows 11 On A Mac Using Boot Camp Today
- iOS 15 Beta Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- 150+ iOS 15 Hidden Features For iPhone And iPad [List]
- Download iOS 15 Beta 3 IPSW Links And Install On iPhone And iPad
- iOS 15 Beta 3 Profile File Download Without Developer Account, Here’s How
- How To Downgrade iOS 15 Beta To iOS 14.6 / 14.7 [Tutorial]
- How To Install macOS 12 Monterey Hackintosh On PC [Guide]
- iOS 15 Beta 3 / Public Beta Download Expected Release Date
- Download: iOS 14.7 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.7 Released
- Jailbreak iOS 14.7 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Tutorial]
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.7 And iPadOS 14.7 [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.