Tesla has previously been rumored to have plans to refresh the Model Y crossover and now a new report by Reuters adds further duel to the fire.
The report says that the top-selling Model Y is ready for a refresh under the codename Juniper, a name that we’ve heard before.
Reuters cites three people “with knowledge of the plan,” and goes on to cover some of the changes that will be included in cars that will be produced starting 2024. However, details are sparse.
The changes to the Model Y – code-named Project Juniper at Tesla – involve the exterior and interior of the crossover electric vehicle with a target of starting production in 2024, according to two of the people, who asked not to be identified because the planning remains private.
The report goes on to suggest that Tesla is keen to give its most popular cars a refresh as it gets ready to further its push into China while also trying to fend off increasing competition back home in the United States.
The Reuters report also goes on to say that the company’s Shanghai assembly plant is already preparing to produce a new version of the Model 3, codenamed Highland.
Tesla has so far refused to comment on its plans for any refresh of the Model Y, but it’s thought that CEO Elon Musk will share more details about what comes next during the company’s Investor Day.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 16.3.1 Final OTA File, IPSW Links Out Now
- How To Fix Bad iOS 16 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 16.3.1 On iPhone And iPad Latest Status Update
- iOS 16 Compatible And Supported iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- iOS 16 Hidden Features: 100+ Changes Apple Didn’t Tell Us About
- Download: iPadOS 16.3 Final OTA File, IPSW Links Released
- Install macOS Ventura On Unsupported Macs Using OpenCore, Here’s How
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.