Tesla has announced a new “high-visibility glass roof” that will be part of a mild refresh of the Model S electric vehicle. The update comes as the company continues to make slight design tweaks for the car as well as the larger Model X SUV.
In terms of the Model S, Tesla says that the “new Model S roof glass lets in more light, allowing a clearer view of the sky, day or night, while maintaining the same level of heat and UV protection.”
That last part is important because such a large panel of glass could make the car unbearably hot, but Tesla says that won’t be the case in this instance.
Tesla hasn’t shared a video of the roof itself, but there’s a slight glimpse of it in the video that also announced the gorgeous new Ultra Red paint for the Model S and Model X.
The EV maker also says that the new glass structure “weighs less and lets in 5 times more light” compared to the previous glass roof. It also claims that the change will improve handling thanks to a lower center of gravity, but whether any driver of these cars will notice that remains to be seen.
Introducing Ultra Red paint for Model S & X pic.twitter.com/CFT1sdyIr1
— Tesla (@Tesla) March 9, 2023
As Tesla continues to tweak things the company is getting its ducks in a row, ready for the Hardware 4.0 Autopilot and Self-Driving sensors that are now required.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 16.3.1 Final OTA File, IPSW Links Out Now
- How To Fix Bad iOS 16 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 16.3.1 On iPhone And iPad Latest Status Update
- iOS 16 Compatible And Supported iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- iOS 16 Hidden Features: 100+ Changes Apple Didn’t Tell Us About
- Download: iPadOS 16.3 Final OTA File, IPSW Links Released
- Install macOS Ventura On Unsupported Macs Using OpenCore, Here’s How
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.