If everything goes according to plan, Sony will release the PS5 later this year. We may not know exactly what that would entail, but now we know what its controller will look like. Say hello to the DualSense controller for PS5, as the DualShock is laid to rest.
While this controller does look like a Sony controller at heart, there’s no denying that it’s more like Microsoft’s Xbox One controller than ever before.
But that’s no bad thing, and this still has enough DualShock DNA to be recognizable as a PS5 controller. So why DualSense? According to Sony, it wanted to bring touch to the fore this time around.
We had a great opportunity with PS5 to innovate by offering game creators the ability to explore how they can heighten that feeling of immersion through our new controller. This is why we adopted haptic feedback, which adds a variety of powerful sensations you’ll feel when you play, such as the slow grittiness of driving a car through mud. We also incorporated adaptive triggers into the L2 and R2 buttons of DualSense so you can truly feel the tension of your actions, like when drawing a bow to shoot an arrow.
The Share button is gone, replaced by the Create button that does essentially the same thing. The controller has a microphone built in, and the light bar has moved, too. But the color is perhaps the most obvious change. This thing isn’t black like you’d perhaps expect it to be. Sony says that wasn’t an accident, too.
Traditionally our base controllers have a single color. As you can see, we went a different direction this time around, and decided on a two-toned design. Additionally, we changed the position of the light bar that will give it an extra pop. On DualShock 4, it sat on the top of the controller; now it sits at each side of the touch pad, giving it a slightly larger look and feel.
While this thing does look good, we’re more interested in seeing what special edition and colored controllers look like in the future. Imagine a DualSense controller in bright red and tell us it doesn’t look amazing!
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 13.4.5 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Update Along With iPadOS 13.4.5 Beta 1 Released
- Kodi 18.6 IPA APK Download For iOS 13 / iPadOS 13, Android Released
- Run Multiple 2 WhatsApp Accounts Number On 1 iPhone The Right Way, Here’s How
- Download: iOS 13.4.1 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released Along With iPadOS 13.4.1 Released
- Jailbreak iPhone 11 Pro Max With Unc0ver 4.0.0 On iOS 13.3 Now
- Checkra1n For Windows Alternative: How To Use Ra1nUSB For iOS 13.3 Jailbreak
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Downgrade iOS 13.4.1 To iOS 13.3.1 For Checkra1n Jailbreak, Here’s How
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak