Apple today announced the next generation of iMac, complete with seven different colors available. The new iMac will be just 11.5mm thin and feature a new 24-inch 4.5K Retina display.
As expected, all of the new iMacs will ship with Apple’s beefy M1 chip inside, but the overall design change is one that people will notice right off the bat.
Not least because the overall size of the new iMac is surprisingly small. Especially given the increase in screen size from the 21.5-inch we had before.
Completely reinventing one of the world’s most iconic computers, the new iMac features a thinner and more compact design that is remarkable from every angle. Enabled by the system-on-chip architecture and amazing power efficiency of M1, the logic board and thermals are dramatically consolidated and reduced in size compared to the previous generation’s, allowing the side profile of iMac to practically disappear. The much more compact design reduces the volume of iMac by 50 percent,1 allowing it to take up less space and fit easily in even more places.
Apple announced that the new colors — green, yellow, orange, pink, purple, blue, and silver — will also come with a 2-meter-long color-matched magnetic power cord, too.
Alongside being larger than previous mid-range iMacs, the new one also comes with some impressive numbers in terms of its display as well.
iMac has always been about its best-in-class display. The new iMac features an expansive 24-inch 4.5K Retina display2 with narrower borders and 11.3 million pixels. With a P3 wide color gamut and over a billion colors, plus 500 nits of brightness, images are vivid and more brilliant. This new display also features True Tone technology, which automatically adjusts the color temperature as the environment changes for a more natural viewing experience. In addition, the 4.5K Retina display on the new iMac has an industry-leading anti-reflective coating for greater comfort and readability.
Apple also brought the Touch ID sensor to the desktop for the first time, adding it to a new Magic Keyboard. What’s more, Apple also confirmed that it is now offering the Magic Mouse and Magic Trackpad in new colors, all to match the new colors the refreshed iMac is available in.
Each new iMac comes with two Thunderbolt ports. You’ll need to buy the upgraded $1499 model to get an additional pair of USB 3 ports, however.
Combine that with the power afforded by the impressive Apple A1 chip and you have a machine that is going to be quite the powerhouse. Starting at $1299, the new iMac will be available for pre-order from April 30 and will ship in the second half of next month.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 14.5 RC IPSW Links, OTA Profile Update Along With iPadOS 14.5 Released
- Download Unc0ver v6.0.0 IPA iPhone 12 Jailbreak For iOS 14.3
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.4 The Easy Way [Tutorial]
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- iPhone 12 / Pro Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Best iPhone 12, 12 Pro Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- Best iPhone 12 Mini Screen Protector: Here’s A List Worth Checkin
- Best iPhone 12 Pro Max Screen Protector: Here Is A List Worth Checking
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.