Renowned and usually accurate analyst King-Chi Kuo has shared a new report over the weekend, this time relating to this year’s iPhone lineup.
According to the man with the contacts, Apple’s 2019 iPhones will include “vast changes” in the way their antennas are put together thanks to a change in suppliers and the technology that is being used.
Elaborating on the claim, Kuo says that the 2019 iPhones will take advantage of a new modified-PI antenna, which is something that we’d heard once before. A similar report was shared back in November of last year, and now Kuo is bringing the same information to bear.
The move to the modified-PI antenna will have multiple benefits for Apple, according to Kuo, with both cost and improvements to production methods top of the list. Users won’t see a difference, however, with all the upside being for Apple this time around.
Kuo also notes that current Apple supplier, Career, will no longer help with iPhone production this year, thanks at least in part to the change in manufacturing setups. The same company is also losing its deal to work on iPads and Apple Watches in what is surely a blow to the company.
Finally, Kuo believes that iPhone shipments across the second half of 2019 will not see growth over the previous year, although they won’t shrink, ether. The news that 2020 iPhones will likely incite 5G modems will be of more interest to users, though, with Samsung and Qualcomm involved in production.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 12.2 Final IPSW Links And OTA Update For iPhone And iPad
- Download: iOS 12.3 Beta 4 IPSW Links, OTA Update Out Now For iPhone And iPad
- iOS 12 / 12.1.2 iPhone XS Max Jailbreak Update Provided By Unc0ver Lead Developer
- iOS 12.2 Jailbreak Status: Here’s What You Need To Know
- Jailbreak iOS 12 / 12.1.2 / 12.1.2 Beta 3 With Unc0ver And Install Cydia, Here’s How [Tutorial]
- How To Downgrade iOS 12.2 To iOS 12.1.4 On iPhone Or iPad