Here’s how to pair or connect a PS4 DualShock 4 controller or Xbox One S controller to your iPhone or iPad on iOS 13 or iPadOS 13.
Apple announced that iPhone and iPad would receive support for Xbox One and PS4 controllers when iOS 13 and iPadOS 13 launches, and as you might already know, it’s launch time of iOS 13 now. If you are planning to take them for a spin right away, you might want to give the controller support a try, too.
Getting either controller to work with your iPhone or iPad isn’t a complicated affair, although it does differ slightly depending on the controller that you’re using. Here, we’re going to run through how to pair your controller with an iPhone or iPad, just in case you want to try your favorite iOS game with a real controller.
Don’t have PS4 or Xbox One S controller yet? Want one for gaming on your iPhone, iPad or even Apple TV? Here’s where to get it from on discount:
Buy: PS4 DualShock Controller from Amazon: $39 | Original price: $60
Buy: Xbox One S Controller from Amazon: $44 | Original price: $60
How to Pair a PS4 Controller
Step 1: To start, open Settings and tap on Bluetooth.
Step 2: On your PS4 controller, press and hold the PlayStation and Share buttons for a few seconds. You’ll see the light start flashing white. When that happens, your controller is ready to be paired.
Step 3: Over on your iPhone or iPad, tap the controller under the “Other Devices” section.
How to Pair an Xbox One Controller
Step 1: Again, open the Settings app and tap on Bluetooth.
Step 2: On your Xbox One controller, press the Xbox button to power it on.
Step 3: Now, hold down the Connect button for around three seconds.
Step 4: Tap your controller when it appears in the “Other Devices” section on you iPhone or iPad.
A word of note here: Apple says this will only work with Xbox One S controllers and we assume that also includes the Xbox One X. The original Xbox One controllers aren’t Bluetooth, however, so they unfortunately won’t work.
You may also like to check out:
- Best iPhone 11, 11 Pro Max Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- iPhone 11 / 11 Pro Max Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- iOS 13, iPadOS Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- Fix iOS 13 OTA Stuck On Preparing Update Issue, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 13 Update Requested Stuck Issue On iPhone And iPad, Here’s How
- iOS 13 Download Release Time In Your Region Time Zone
- 100+ iOS 13 Hidden Features For iPhone And iPad [Running List]
- Download iOS 13.1 Beta 3, iPadOS 13.1 Beta 3 IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone, iPad
- Jailbreak iOS 13 / 13.1 Status Update [Continuously Updated With Latest Info]
- iOS 13 GM Profile File Download Link For OTA Update, Why Is it Not Available?