Rumors of an Apple-made tracker similar to Tile have been around for months and now the folks at 9to5Mac appear to have more details about what that will entail.
According to people “familiar with its development,” a new “Items” tab will be added to the Find My app that allows users to find items as if they were devices or people. Tags can then be marked as lost, which means the they will then alert users once they are near someone who owns an Apple product. That makes use of the new offline tracking feature that Apple announced during WWDC.
Using that feature, Apple will be able to have its tracking devices work even when they are not connected to the internet. Instead, simply being near one of Apple’s devices will be enough to make them function.
In order to make all of that work, there’s going to be a lot going on inside a small circular tag. NFC, Bluetooth LE, and even a speaker will be part of the design with a stripped down version of iOS handing the software. Setting up a tracker will be as simple as configuring AirPods, too. Also of note is the AR mode that will allow a tag to be pinpointed in real space via a balloon.
9to5Mac also notes that Apple continues to work on the so-called Apple Glasses. However, the project may not work how we had expected. Instead, the report suggests that we can expect something akin to Google’s Daydream headset and that it has been tested inside Apple via two different products called Luck and Franc. A third-party device has also been tested, according to the report.
Recent reports had claimed that Apple’s AR headset project had been shelved, so it’s unclear what the timescales are for any of this to be brought to market. However, the 2019 iPhones and iOS 13 appear to be integral to the use of AR, especially considering the new Find My app and tracker accessories.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 13.1 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Update Along With iPadOS 13.1 Beta 1
- iOS 13.1 Beta 1 Profile File Download Without Dev Account, Here’s How
- How To Jailbreak iOS 12.4 On iPhone X, XS Max, XR, iPad Pro And More Using Unc0ver
- Downgrade iOS 12.4.1 To 12.4 For Jailbreak While Apple Is Still Signing The Firmware
- How To Jailbreak iOS 12.4 Using Unc0ver 3.5.x [Tutorial]
- Download: iOS 12.4.1 IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone And iPad Released
- Best Galaxy Note 10 / 10+ Plus Case List: Here Are The Must-Haves For Protection
- Best Galaxy Note 10 / 10+ Plus Screen Protector? Here Are Our Picks [List]
- Jailbreak iOS 12.4.1 By Downgrading And Jailbreaking iOS 12.4, Here’s How
- Download iOS 13 Beta 1 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]