An unreleased, unannounced Mac has appeared in the Eurasian Economic Commission database. It carries the model identifier A2289 and is said to be a portable Mac that runs macOS Catalina. Beyond that, no information is available just yet.
The Eurasian Economic Commission database is home to any electronic device that offers encryption and those devices need to be registered in order to sell in some parts of Europe.
While we don’t know what the new Mac is, the fact it’s portable obviously narrows things down a little. Being either a MacBook, MacBook Air, or MacBook Pro, we’re left with a few options. But following the recent arrival of the 16-inch MacBook Pro, it does stand to reason that this could be a replacement for the older 13-inch MacBook Pro.
Not only would the new model likely be 14 inches in screen size, but it would also kill off the butterfly keyboard, replacing it with the newly refreshed scissor keyboard that we’ve all been crying out for. If that’s the case, there could be a lot of 16-inch MacBook Pro owners wishing they’d hung on to get the smaller model.
Also part of the filing was Apple’s rack-mountable Mac Pro, carrying model number A2304. That product isn’t yet available on Apple’s website and has been listed as “Coming Soon” since December.
You may also like to check out:
- Checkra1n For Windows Alternative: How To Use Ra1nUSB For iOS 13.3 Jailbreak
- Download: iOS 13.3 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update And iPadOS 13.3 For Compatible Devices
- Download: iOS 13.3.1 Beta 1 OTA Profile, IPSW Links Released For iPhone And iPad
- Downgrade iOS 13.3 To iOS 13.2.3 For Checkra1n Jailbreak, Here’s How
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3 / 13.3.1 On iPhone 11, 11 Pro Max, XS, More With New tfp0 Exploit Will Be Possible Soon
- iOS 13 / 13.2.2 Jailbreak Tweaks Compatibility List For Checkra1n
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak