MyRadar, an iPhone app that offers live weather radar and forecast information, has been updated to add a new feature that will make it easier than ever to follow the weather while you are in the car.
That’s thanks to a new CarPlay update that means drivers will be able to view weather maps on their car’s big screen while driving, a much better — and safer — alternative to trying to use a small iPhone display.
The update has actually been out for more than a week as noted by 9to5Mac, and the CarPlayer addition is a big one with plenty of features.
– Enhance your drives with our state-of-the-art weather radar and map integration.
– Get real-time, turn-by-turn directions with detailed road conditions through our advanced RouteCast system.
– Enhance your daily drives, mountain escapes, and time-critical deliveries with pinpoint road condition intelligence.
– Receive navigation alerts for upcoming shifts in road conditions.
– The same high-quality radar you trust in the app is now on your dashboard (animation restricted for essential safety compliance).
– Select from various driving-friendly map layers.
– Includes our free Road Weather layer, offering a full CONUS view with a Premium Features subscription.
The new CarPlay support is free for everyone whether or not you’re a Premium subscriber, but you will need to be a paying customer if you want to get the most out of CarPlay and the MyRadar app as a whole.