Sometimes bad things happen to good people and that’s, unfortunately, the only explanation we can have following the appearance online of a video in which an iPhone owner is seen punching an Apple sales assistant in the face over an argument relating to an iPhone X.
The video, which has gone viral and been viewed over 1.4 million times, shows the man arguing with an employee at Studio 7 in the Central Pinklao shopping mall in Thailand shortly before punching her.
According to reports by English speaking Asian website Coconuts Bangkok, the issue came about after the store refused to replace an iPhone X after the owner complained that its Face ID functionality was faulty. The store apparently disagreed, with the 23-year-old man taking issue with that stance and for some unknown reason deciding it was a good idea to resort to physical violence.
The man has now apologized to the victim and been ordered to pay $1500 to authorities and an additional $150 to the victim. “I’d like to apologize to the society that I overreacted. It was the heat of the moment,” the man apparently told reporters, “I’ve apologized to the victim, and she didn’t want to take legal action.”
While the store is not an official Apple Store, Apple has already started the hiring process required in order to get a new store off the ground. This is expected to happen within the coming months, although no firm date for its opening has yet been announced.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 12 Beta 10 IPSW, Public Beta 8 OTA Update
- Jailbreak iOS 11.4.1 / 11.3.1: iOS 12 Beta 9 SEP Is Compatible With Electra Jailbreak Supported Firmware
- Download: Android 9 Pie Factory Images, OTA For Pixel, Essential Phone Released
- Download iOS 11.4.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone And iPad
- Download iOS 12 Beta 10 Configuration Profile File Without Developer Account
- Download iOS 12 Beta 10 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone X, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]