Apple is making it more difficult to avoid macOS update notifications after the release of macOS 10.15.5 and Security Update 2020-003. Previously, users were able to prevent notifications from bugging them but that is no longer possible.
Apple noted as much in its macOS 10.5.5 release notes, saying that it was killing off a Terminal command that previously hid updates.
– Major new releases of macOS are no longer hidden when using the softwareupdate(8) command with the –ignore flag
This change also affects macOS Mojave and macOS High Sierra after installing Security Update 2020-003.
Previously, users were able to run the “softwareupdate –ignore “macOS Catalina” command to prevent being bugged about new updates in the Dock and System Preferences icon. As of recent updates that no longer works. In fact, Apple even warns users who try to run it that it will be going away completely in a future update.
Ignoring software updates is deprecated.
The ability to ignore individual updates will be removed in a future release of macOS.
Apple obviously wants people to update to newer versions of macOS wherever possible and this latest move is a good way to do that. Still, many people will be irritated by Apple’s stance here and they’ll have to either update or get used to seeing the notification badge forever.
You may also like to check out:
- Best Cydia Repos And Sources For iOS 13.5 Jailbreak Unc0ver
- iOS 13.5 Jailbreak Tweaks Compatible With Unc0ver 5.0.x [List]
- Jailbreak iOS 13.5 On iPhone 11, Pro Max, SE, iPad Pro, More Using Unc0ver 5.0.0 [Tutorial]
- iPhone SE 2 2020 Screen Protector: Here Are The Best You Can Buy Today [List]
- iPhone SE 2 2020 Case: Here Are The Best Ones You Can Get Today [List]
- Kodi 18.7 IPA APK Download For iOS 13 / iPadOS 13, Android Released
- Run Multiple 2 WhatsApp Accounts Number On 1 iPhone The Right Way, Here’s How
- Download: iOS 13.5 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update Released Along With iPadOS 13.5
- iOS 13.5 Jailbreak Unc0ver 5.0.0 IPA Download Is Out
- Jailbreak: Downgrade iOS 13.5 To iOS 13.4.1 For Checkra1n Jailbreak, Here’s How
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak