Apple has released two new software updates aimed at fixing a bug that prevented some people from making FaceTime calls. watchOS 6.2.1 and macOS 10.15.4 Supplemental Update are both available for download now.
It was previously reported that some users were unable to make FaceTime calls to people who were running iOS 9.3.6 and macOS 10.11.6 or earlier.
That was a particularly irritating issue given the fact that the world is currently in lockdown – and not being able to use FaceTime to stay in touch with loved ones is less than ideal.
Both of these new macOS and watchOS updates are aimed at fixing that bug, as was iOS 13.4.1 that was also made available to the public a couple of days ago.
We’d suggest installing watchOS 6.2.1 and macOS 10.15.4 Supplemental Update ASAP, even if you aren’t someone who was affected by the FaceTime bug – you never do know what Apple has fixed under the hood, too.
Full macOS 10.15.4 Supplemental Update changelog is as follows:
macOS Catalina 10.15.4 supplemental update improves the stability and security of your Mac.
• Fixes an issue where Mac computers running macOS Catalina 10.15.4 could not participate in FaceTime calls with devices running iOS 9.3.6 and earlier or OS X El Capitan 10.11.6 and earlier
• Resolves an issue where you may repeatedly receive a password prompt for an Office 365 account
• Fixes an issue where MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2020) may hang in Setup Assistant or when disconnecting and reconnecting a 4K or 5K external display
• Resolves an issue where a USB-C port in your Mac may become unresponsive
Full watchOS 6.2.1 changelog is as follows:
Fixes an issue where devices running watchOS 6.2 could not participate in FaceTime audio calls with devices running iOS 9.3.6 and earlier or OS X El Capitan 10.11.6 and earlier.
The two updates come as Apple is likely switching attention to macOS 10.16 and watchOS 7, both of which are set to be announced during the online WWDC event this June. They should both be available to the public around September time following a summer of developer beta testing. Both software updates can be downloaded via their respective System Update procedures.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 13.4.5 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Update Along With iPadOS 13.4.5 Beta 1 Released
- Kodi 18.6 IPA APK Download For iOS 13 / iPadOS 13, Android Released
- Run Multiple 2 WhatsApp Accounts Number On 1 iPhone The Right Way, Here’s How
- Download: iOS 13.4.1 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released Along With iPadOS 13.4.1 Released
- Jailbreak iPhone 11 Pro Max With Unc0ver 4.0.0 On iOS 13.3 Now
- Checkra1n For Windows Alternative: How To Use Ra1nUSB For iOS 13.3 Jailbreak
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Downgrade iOS 13.4.1 To iOS 13.3.1 For Checkra1n Jailbreak, Here’s How
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak