Apple is expected to announce the new Apple Watch Series 7 within the next few months, despite reports that it could be delayed a short while due to manufacturing issues. The new watches are set to have larger 41mm and 45mm sizes, something that could potentially cause existing Apple Watch bands to not fit.
While initial reports suggested that the bands from previous 40mm and 44mm watches would fit fine, a new report claims that might not be the case.
Leaker Max Weinbach says that Apple Store employees have told him that stocks of 40mm and 44mm bands are running low, potentially meaning that the new watches won’t be compatible.
The Apple Store team member seems to think that’s the case, too.
However, that seems highly unlikely. Apple Stores are likely running down the 40mm and 44 bands to allow them to be re-stocked with the 41mm and 45mm sizes. The numbers won’t matter, of course, they’ll still fit.
Fwiw I've heard from an Apple store employee that they're not getting anymore 40/44mm bands in and expect the new Apple watch to use different bands that won't be compatible with old watches https://t.co/BY9D8WQLFf
— Max Weinbach (@MaxWinebach) September 2, 2021
It’s also worth noting that Apple Store employees are normally the last to know what Apple’s plans are, so keep that in mind here.
According to my source, Apple has started mass production of the new Apple Watch Series 7 bands. The size mentioned are 41 and 45mm which should be identical in size to the previous models #Apple #AppleInternal pic.twitter.com/cadcaCK324
— Majin Bu (@MajinBuOfficial) August 26, 2021
We’ll find out for sure in a matter of weeks at least, so all questions should be answered soon enough.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: Windows 11 Build 22000.132 ISO Beta Released With A New Snipping Tool And More
- How To Install Windows 11 On A Mac Using Boot Camp Today
- iOS 15 Beta Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- 150+ iOS 15 Hidden Features For iPhone And iPad [List]
- Download iOS 15 Beta 8 IPSW Links And Install On iPhone And iPad
- iOS 15 Beta 8 Profile File Download Without Developer Account, Here’s How
- How To Downgrade iOS 15 Beta To iOS 14.6 / 14.7 [Tutorial]
- How To Install macOS 12 Monterey Hackintosh On PC [Guide]
- Download: iOS 14.7.1 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.7.1 Out Now
- Jailbreak iOS 14.7.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Guide]
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.7.1 And iPadOS 14.7.1 [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.