If you have not been living in a cave or under a rock for the past few weeks, then you will no doubt be very much aware that the Google Pixel 2 XL has suffered from more than its fair share of issues, usually stemming from its display.
We always knew that Google was not unique in having issues with creating smartphones at scale, and now there are a couple of problems beginning to get some attention, which relate to the newly released iPhone X and iPhone 8.
Starting off with the iPhone X-specific issue, a number of users have reported that their smartphones have developed a bright green vertical line down the display, often towards the left or right edges. The line is always vertical, and it’s always green. Oddly, the issue does not appear to be one that users notice out of the box, but rather develops over time.
Unfortunately, this does appear to be very much a hardware issue relating to the new OLED display Apple is using in the new phone, so if this is impacting you, the only recourse is to book a Genius Bar appointment or contact Apple’s support teams. It looks like you need a replacement iPhone X.
Fortunately, the other issue gaining traction right now appears to be software related. Impacting both the iPhone X and iPhone 8, the issue appears to cause GPS accuracy problems. This causes things like Google and Apple Maps to think that a user’s location is incorrect, with their on-screen location starting to drift away from where the handset actually is over time. Thankfully, this would seem to be a software issue, with Apple already working on a fix for iOS 11.2. Apple has not officialy said as much, but sources did confirm that a fix for “assorted GPS” issues is on the way.
So there we go – it turns out that making high-end, sensor and technology-laden smartphones isn’t all that easy. Who knew? Well, Google, probably.
You may also like to check out:
- iOS 11.1.1 Jailbreak On iPhone X Demoed On Video
- MYRIAD Kodi Addon Not Working? Here’s How To Install It The Right Way
- ProTube++ iOS 11 IPA Download Now Available [No Jailbreak Required]
- iOS 11.1.1 Changelog, Release Notes, Security Content Released
- Download iOS 11.1.1 IPSW Links And OTA Featuring Bug Fixes For iPhone And iPad
- Downgrade iOS 11 / 11.1.1 On iPhone Or iPad [How-To Guide]
- Download iOS 11, 11.1.1, 11.1 Links & Install On iPhone X, 8, 7 Plus, 6s, 6, SE, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.1.1 / 11.1 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]