When Apple released iOS 15 to the public last month it seems there was one change that was upsetting to a ton of people. They could no longer prevent their iPhones from receiving a notification whenever an Apple Watch or Apple TV required keyboard text entry.
That has now changed in the latest iOS 15.1 beta, according to reports.
9to5Mac outlines how things are supposed to work:
As background, when you come upon a text input screen on your Apple TV or Apple Watch, you receive a notification on your iPhone where you can input the text. This is generally far easier than attempting to type the text directly on your Apple TV or Apple Watch.
While the idea is a good one — it allows people to enter text on their iPhone instead of their wrist or Siri Remote — it can still be irritating. Especially if you have multiple Apple TV units in the house.
With the current iOS 15.1 beta, now being tested, Apple has restored the option to disable these notifications entirely. It still isn’t clear why that option was removed, however. Nor is it obvious whether it was a bug or a change that was made on purpose, either.
On your iOS or iPadOS device, go to Settings > Notifications > Apple TV Keyboard and turn off Allow Notifications.
For now, there’s no telling when Apple will release iOS 15.1 to the public. But we can only hope that it won’t be too long before it happens!
You may also like to check out:
- Download Windows 11 Pro ISO File Without Product Key From Microsoft
- Force Download Windows 11 Free Upgrade Right Now, Here’s How [Tutorial]
- How To Install Windows 11 On A Mac Using Boot Camp Today
- Download Windows 11 Installation Assistant For Your PC
- How To Upgrade To Windows 11 From Windows 10 For Free
- How To Create Bootable Windows 11 USB Flash Drive [Guide]
- Download: iOS 15.0.2 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 15.0.2 Out Now
- Jailbreak iOS 15.0.1 On iPhone And iPad Status Update
- How To Install macOS 12 Monterey Hackintosh On PC [Guide]
- Best iPhone 13, 13 Pro Tempered Glass Screen Protectors Available Today [List]
- Best iPhone 13, Pro Max 20W USB-C Chargers [List]
- Top iPhone 13 Pro Max Screen Protectors Available To Buy [List]
- Best iPhone 13 / Pro Cases For Protection Available Right Now
- How To Fix Bad iOS 15 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.