A number of users have taken to social media and Apple Developer Forums to report that they are experiencing particularly poor battery life with iOS 14.2 installed on their devices.
While some people report that they are experiencing excessive battery drain, others are also reporting that their devices are taking longer than they should to charge, suggesting that something is drawing power almost as quickly as it’s being provided by the charger.
As noted by MacRumors, the devices that seem to be on the older side, including the original iPhone SE and iPhone XS. Others are using the 2018 iPad Pro, according to reports.
The affected iPhones all appear to be slightly older, such as the iPhone XS, iPhone 7, iPhone 6S, and first-generation iPhone SE. The 2018 iPad Pro running iPadOS 14.2 also seems to be affected.
Apple is currently testing iOS 14.3 with developers and it isn’t yet clear whether that update fixes any battery-related issues for those who are impacted by this. We expect iOS 14.3 to be made available to the public before Christmas, likely alongside the arrival of Apple Fitness+.
Hopefully those affected by poor battery life won’t have too much longer to go before they can check whether the iOS 14.3 release rectifies things.
Anyone who hasn’t yet updated to iOS 14.2 might be best served by holding off updating for now – especially if they’re running an older iPhone or iPad.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 14.2 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.2
- Download iOS 14.2.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File For iPhone 12, mini, Pro, Pro Max
- Apple Releases iOS 14.3 Beta 3 And iPadOS 14.3 Beta 3 To Developers
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- iPhone 12 / Pro Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Best iPhone 12, 12 Pro Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- Best iPhone 12 Mini Screen Protector: Here’s A List Worth Checking
- Best iPhone 12 Pro Max Screen Protector: Here Is A List Worth Checking
- Jailbreak iOS 14.2 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Guide]
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.2 The Right Way [Tutorial]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.