With the arrival of iOS 13.1 and iPadOS 13.1 in beta form, there are a lot of questions, not least, what happened to iOS 13 beta 9?
The last version we saw was beta 8, which arrived on developer devices last week. Since then, we’ve been waiting for the next beta to land. And it did, but it’s called 13.1. Confused? We don’t blame you.
As multiple people have suggested, it appears that Apple has now signed off on iOS 13 and iPadOS 13. The beta 8 release that we’ve been using looks set to be the same version that the 2019 iPhones will ship with when they arrive next month. And that’s a problem because that version simply isn’t ready.
We’ve been testing iOS 13 and iPadOS 13 since the betas started and the road has been particularly rough. Even with the latest betas, we’ve experienced Springboard crashes and graphical glitches. If this is what Apple will ship brand new iPhone 11 models with, iOS 13.1 will need to be very close to release at that time.
And that’s likely why beta 1 is now in the hands of developers. All ducks need to be in their respective rows ahead of that release, and giving developers time to test is the only way to do that. We don’t expect any further iOS 13 or iPadOS 13 betas to arrive, at least externally to Apple. It’s baked, and it’s ready to go.
"But iOS 13 is still in beta…" …looks like iOS 13 is locked in for release already. This is as good as it gets, with a rapid 13.1 to try and improve the post-launch experience
— Steve Troughton-Smith (@stroughtonsmith) August 27, 2019
Except it isn’t, but at this point, what does Apple do? It’s short on time and if it can get iOS 13.1 ready soon after the new iPhones ship, all will be forgiven.
Looks like this is not an error (other users are seeing the same beta). I'm going to speculate and say that most features that were cut from 13 will come back in 13.1 soon after 13.0 launches.
I'm bummed, but makes sense at this point.
— Federico Viticci (@viticci) August 27, 2019
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 13.1 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Update Along With iPadOS 13.1 Beta 1
- iOS 13.1 Beta 1 Profile File Download Without Dev Account, Here’s How
- How To Jailbreak iOS 12.4 On iPhone X, XS Max, XR, iPad Pro And More Using Unc0ver
- Downgrade iOS 12.4.1 To 12.4 For Jailbreak While Apple Is Still Signing The Firmware
- How To Jailbreak iOS 12.4 Using Unc0ver 3.5.x [Tutorial]
- Download: iOS 12.4.1 IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone And iPad Released
- Best Galaxy Note 10 / 10+ Plus Case List: Here Are The Must-Haves For Protection
- Best Galaxy Note 10 / 10+ Plus Screen Protector? Here Are Our Picks [List]
- Jailbreak iOS 12.4.1 By Downgrading And Jailbreaking iOS 12.4, Here’s How
- Download iOS 13 Beta 1 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]