Here’s how to watch YouTube in 4K on your iPhone, iPad and Apple TV running iOS 14, iPadOS 14 and tvOS 14 respectively.
Alongside the release of iOS 14, iPadOS 14, and tvOS 14 this year Apple will also be giving us something we’ve wanted for a long, long time – support for 4K YouTube videos. It’s something that’s been missing forever with content limited to just 1080p until now. Or, at least, once the new software updates arrive in September.
Unfortunately, the Mac is still going to be left out – at least for Safari users. Anyone using a Mac and willing to make the switch to Chrome can enjoy 4K YouTube at will.
If you’re running the new software updates you can get your 4K YouTube fix right now. Assuming you have a device that supports it, that is. You do need a modern device, so keep that in mind.
Watching 4K YouTube Content on iPhone and iPad
Here’s how to watch your favorite 4K content on an iPhone and iPad. Note that you’ve got to use the YouTube app rather than Safari, here.
- Open the YouTube app and start playing a video that you know supports 4K. There are tons of those to choose from and if you’re looking for a test, just search for 4K.
- Tap the vertical ellipsis in the top-right corner.
- Tap “Quality”.
- Tap 2160p to make the switch to 4K.
Watching 4K YouTube Content on Apple TV
A quick note on the Apple TV YouTube app. While Apple has confirmed that 4K support is coming, it isn’t there in the current beta releases of tvOS 14. Regardless, here’s what you’ll do once it is supported.
- Open the YouTube app on your Apple TV.
- Find a 4K video that you want to watch and start playing it.
- Press the touchpad on the Siri Remote and select the vertical ellipsis.
- Select “Quality” and then select 2160p.
That’s all there is to it. Now, doesn’t everything look so much better?
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 14 Beta 1 IPSW Links And Install On iPhone 11, Pro, XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- iOS 14 Beta 4 Download Release Date: Here’s When To Expect
- Download: iOS 14 Beta 3 IPSW Links And iPadOS 14 Beta 3 Released
- iOS 14 Beta 3 OTA Profile File Download Available Without Dev Account, Here’s How To Get It
- Jailbreak iOS 13.6 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Video Tutorial]
- Jailbreak iOS 13.5 On iPhone 11, Pro Max, SE, iPad Pro, More Using Unc0ver 5.0.0 [Tutorial]
- Download: iOS 13.6 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update Released For iPhone And iPad
- Jailbreak iOS 13.5 Without Or No Computer, Here’s How
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.