When Apple announced iOS 13 earlier this year, there was one HomeKit feature that caught the eye more than most. Secure Video is going to make all of those security cameras dotted around your home more… secure. Video will be routed via Apple and iCloud, keeping it safe and sound. Things have been quiet since that announcement, but we might now have a look at the interface.
A Reddit user posted what appears to be the new user interface for HomeKit Secure Video, and it looks pretty interesting. The screens show captured events in a timeline with a date scrubber across the top of the screen. Users can select footage as well as control audio output. The Share Sheet is also present, presumably to make it super easy to share footage with whomever wants or needs it.
This comes after some users started receiving messages that their cameras do not yet support secure recording. Those users are all running iOS 13.2 developer preview 1, so it’s possible the feature will arrive in that update.
Of course, none of this will matter unless there is hardware support out there. During WWDC, Apple said that Netatmo, Logitech, and Eufy were all coming on board but so far, nothing has been released.
HomeKit itself was slow to gain hardware support in the early days, but that is now finally starting to shake out. It’s likely something very similar will happen with Secure Video.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 13.2 / iPadOS 13.2 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Released
- iOS 13.2 Beta 1 Profile File Download Without Developer Account, Here’s How
- Download: iOS 13.1.2 / iPadOS 13.1.2 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released For iPhone And iPad
- Downgrade iOS 13.1.2 / iPadOS 13.1.2 To iOS 13.1.1 / 13.1 / 13.0 / 12.1.4, Here’s How
- Best iPhone 11, 11 Pro Max Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- iPhone 11 / 11 Pro Max Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Best iPhone 11, Pro Max Tripod For Night Mode Long Exposure Photos [List]
- Install WhatsApp Web On iPad Thanks To iOS 13 And iPadOS 13.1
- Jailbreak iOS 13 / 13.1 Status Update [Continuously Updated With Latest Info]
- iOS 13.1 Jailbreak Update: Security Content Fixes And Patches Detailed By Apple
- Best iPhone 11, Pro Max Tripods For Night Mode Long Exposure Photos [List]
- Download Kodi 19 IPA / DEB For tvOS 13 Apple TV