It hasn’t been the best of weeks for Google and its Pixel 2 XL smartphone. After initial rave reviews, the latest flagship to come out of the Android maker has come in for more than its fair share of criticism, mostly relating to its questionable display.
With image persistence and a noticeable color shift, the display used on the Pixel 2 XL is proving troublesome for many owners. Now new reports of yet more issues are beginning to surface, though this time, they have nothing to do with the screen.
Kicking things off, we have a report that the recently released phone is particularly poor at recording audio. Particularly, users are experiencing recordings that are high-pitched and distorted and neither of those things are something you expect from a smartphone costing $900. There is at least some good news regarding the issue, with Google saying that it plans to have a software fix in place soon, with it set to be “rolled out in the next few weeks.”
The fact it is fixable via software is encouraging, though we do wonder how it ever got to the stage of needing a fix in the first place.
Something else that is likely fixable via software is another issue that seems to be causing some portrait mode photos to be picked up by the phone as burst photos, even when there is no kind of portrait mode wizardry being applied. This issue in particular does not appear to be one that impacts too many people, but some users have noticed that when taking burst and portrait mode photos alternately, the phone can get confused and “stick” to burst mode when it should not.
Again, that sounds like a software bug, but again, it really should not be there on such a high end device.
Google hasn’t mentioned this latest issue yet, but if it too can be fixed via software update, let’s hope it arrives sooner rather than later. The Pixel 2 XL really doesn’t need any more bad press!
You may also like to check out:
- LibreELEC Kodi 17.5 Krypton 8.2.0 Download Released
- iOS 11.2 Beta 1 Changes, Release Notes And Changelog Details You Need To Know About
- Download iOS 11.2 Beta 1 OTA Via Configuration Profile File Without Developer Account
- Download iOS 11.2 Beta 1 IPSW Links And OTA Update For Your iPhone And iPad
- Downgrade iOS 11 / 11.1 On iPhone Or iPad [How-To Guide]
- Download iOS 11, 11.1, 11.0.3 Links & Install On iPhone X, 8, 7 Plus, 6s, 6, SE, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.1 / 11.0.3 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]