Apple will make all iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro models available in a SIM-free, unlocked capacity on launch day.
Historically speaking, Apple has used the tactic of launching new iPhone models complete with a pre-installed carrier SIM card, with unlocked models coming at a later date.
Consumers interested in getting a brand new iPhone on launch day have generally accepted Apple’s release patterns. It has historically been accepted that Apple would release the new iPhone into the market with pre-installed carrier SIMs on day one. This would allow consumers to go through the Apple Upgrade Program and get the device of their choice with their SIM already in place. It could then be a number of weeks before SIM-free variants were made available.
With iPhone 11, Apple is taking a different approach and will make those SIM-free models available for pre-order. This means that consumers can opt to order a brand new model through the iPhone Upgrade Program with a SIM card, or choose to purchase it entirely SIM-free and unlocked to give themselves a lot more versatility and control over how they use the device.
To get an unlocked iPhone 11 from Apple, there will be a few options:
- Choose any carrier and select One-time payment.
- Choose any carrier and select Apple iPhone Payments.
- Choose any carrier and either join or upgrade with the Apple iPhone Upgrade Program.
- Purchase a SIM-free model. This is like any other iPhone, just without a carrier nano-SIM card.
The easiest, clearly, is to simply purchase a SIM-free model and get the iPhone 11 model of your choice delivered to your door with a nano-SIM included. For those people looking to bring iPhone 11 into their lives, prices will start at $699 for the entry-level model complete with 64GB of internal storage. iPhone 11 Pro starts at $999 for 64GB and iPhone 11 Pro Max starts at $1,099. Which model you need, or which model you actually go for, is entirely up to you!
Apple will start accepting pre-orders for the new iPhone 11 range this coming September 13 at the new time of 5 AM Pacific time, which is 8 AM Eastern Time. Shipping will start on September 20, or, alternatively, it’s possible to jump into an Apple Store on that date and pick the device up yourself.
You may also like to check out:
- iPhone 11 / 11 Pro Max Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Download iOS 13 GM IPSW Links & Install On iPhone XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- iOS 13 / 13.1 Final Version Release Date Announced By Apple
- Download iOS 13 GM IPSW Links And OTA For iPhone
- iPhone 11 Vs iPhone 11 Pro Vs 11 Pro Max Vs XR / XS / Max [Specs Comparison]
- iOS 13.1 Beta 3 Profile File Download Link Without Dev Account, Here’s How
- Download iOS 13.1 Beta 3, iPadOS 13.1 Beta 3 IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone, iPad
- Jailbreak iOS 13 / 13.1 Status Update [Continuously Updated With Latest Info]
- iOS 13 GM Profile File Download Link For OTA Update, Why Is it Not Available?
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.