Online storage is big business and while there are plenty of different companies all offering users different ways of getting their files into the cloud some are more popular than others. Dropbox is arguably the biggest player in the space and the company has today announced that it is upgrading some users, giving them more storage for free.
Dropbox will now also offer up to 3TB of cloud-based storage, up from the maximum 2TB that was on offer earlier.
For individual users Dropbox is now starting to offer a 2TB plan for the first time with Dropbox Professional doubling its available storage from 1TB to 2TB with the existing $16.58 per month price remaining the same, so long as you buy a year’s subscription at once.
Dropbox Plus users don’t see any change to their 1TB plan, paying the same $8.25 for the same amount of storage which is presumably designed to make people more likely to upgrade to the costlier plan.
Moving onto the business-oriented options, Dropbox Business Standard sees storage increase from 2TB to 3TB with the same $12.50 per user per month cost. Those needing more storage might want to check out the Business Advanced option that gets unlimited storage for $20 per user, per month.
According to Dropbox it will be upgrading existing users over the coming weeks and anyone signing up afresh today will get the new and improved storage plans right away.
Providing a seamless experience for all existing customers, with all their unique account configurations, is of utmost importance. Dropbox is being extra careful in migrating our existing customer accounts to ensure smooth transitions for all to the new 2/3 TB plans.
It’s possible that this change will see the competition also increase storage or reduce prices, and with Apple expected to announce new iPhones in September, it’s possible we could see iCloud storage changes at the same time too.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 12 Beta 5 IPSW Links, OTA Update Now
- iOS 11.4.1 Jailbreak: Here’s The Latest Development That You Should Know About
- Jailbreak iOS 11.4 Beta 3 On iPhone X, 8, 7 Using Electra, Here’s How [Guide]
- Downgrade To iOS 11.4 Beta 3, 2, 1 IPSW Download And Jailbreak Using Electra Now Possible
- Download iOS 11.4.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone And iPad
- Download iOS 12 Beta 5 Configuration Profile File Without Developer Account
- Download iOS 12 Beta 5 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone X, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]