Download: Pixelmator Pro Updated With A Redesigned Color Picker, More
Pixelmator Pro is already one of the best loved apps available for the Mac, thanks in part to its realistic pricing at the side of much more costly competition. It just keeps getting better and better, too, with a new update out now that very much continues that trend.
The new Pixelmator Pro 1.6 is available for download from the Mac App Store and it’s free for existing users. Everyone else can pick it up for $39.99 which is quite the bargain when you look at the price of Adobe’s products.
This new update adds plenty, too. A new dedicated Color Picker tool is now available and it’s right in the sidebar where you want it. Moving on there’s a ton of smaller changes that don’t make huge differences on their own. But in aggregate, they make this the best version of Pixelmator Pro ever to be released. And we’re pretty confident that the next one will be even better.
You can get the full rundown of everything that’s new and improved in the Mac App Store, but the new version reads:
• The all-new color picker lets you choose and manage colors more easily than ever.
• Quickly choose colors using hex color codes right in the new color picker.
• Choose colors using RGB color codes, too.
• See a list of your most recently picked colors to more easily reuse them.
• Easily pick a series of colors from your image, view color codes, and closest color names using the new Color Picker tool.
• Save color swatches to custom color palettes and even share Pixelmator Pro color palettes with others.
• View RGB color codes right in the Info bar.
• Drag over multiple different layers to easily select them.
• Identify and replace any missing fonts in an image using the new Replace Fonts feature.
• See your most recently used fonts at the top of the font pop-up menu.
• Enjoy much-improved selection, guide, grid, and layer handle performance thanks to a new Metal-powered overlay.
The list of fixes and improvements is around three times as long, so you know we aren’t joking when we say this is a big update. Go download it now if you’re an existing user. And if you’re a creative type who doesn’t want to pay Adobe’s prices, be sure to check this out ASAP. You won’t regret it.