Have you got the brand new and so-called “improved” Snapchat UI only to find that you simply cannot tolerate those “improvements?”
Many account holders simply believe that Snapchat’s new UI is a huge regression from what we previously had.
Also, it’s not available to everyone yet with Snap Inc. doing a staged rollout on account by account basis. So if your account has been upgraded to experience new Snapchat UI, and you don’t like it, here’s how to go back to the older version of the interface and app.
- The latest version of the Electra jailbreak. This is only needed if your device isn’t already jailbroken.
- Cydia Impactor. Download it from cydiaimpactor.com. This lets you get the relevant IPA file onto your device.
- A Snapchat IPA file which is version 10.23.0.6 or lower. You can find this version on web.
Step 1: First and foremost, your device is going to need to be running iOS 11.0 through to iOS 11.1.2 and be jailbroken using Electra. This Snapchat guide is beyond the scope of a jailbreak tutorial but we do have one of those for you too if you need help. You can find that here: How To Jailbreak iOS 11.1.2 Using Electra [Tutorial].
Step 2: Make sure that the existing Snapchat app – with the new UI that you are trying to rid yourself of – is deleted entirely from the jailbroken device and then launch Cydia Impactor. You are now going to need to have the Snapchat IPA that was listed above in “Requirements”.
Step 3: Drag that old version of Snapchap IPA into the Cydia Impactor interface. Follow the steps through and add the necessary Apple ID credentials when prompted. This will sign the IPA and get it installed on the device without any App Store interference.
Step 4: Now delete the Electra jailbreak app from your jailbroken device. You will then need to install the Immortal tweak. You can either do this manually – since Electra doesn’t come with Cydia yet – or you can use the Tweak Installer app to do it. Respring the device as soon as it’s installed.
Step 5: Now, rather bizarrely, you need to uninstall the Immortal tweak and once again respring the device. Reinstall the Electra app using the same method as previously with Cydia Impactor.
Step 6: You can now launch the sideloaded Snapchat app and sign in with your account credentials. You should be all set to go with the old user-interface.
It’s worth mentioning that this will give you the much-loved and traditional Snapchat user-interface back but it will stop notifications from working. So, any friend adds, incoming Snaps, or anything else which would generally invoke a notification, will no longer do so.
You may also like to check out:
- iOS 11.3 Beta 3 Download And Expected Release Date
- Download MovieBox++ iOS 11 IPA On iPhone, iPad [No Jailbreak Required]
- iOS 11.3 / 11.2.5 Jailbreak: SEP Of Beta 2 Not Compatible With iOS 11.1.2 For Downgrading
- Download iOS 11.2.5 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update For Your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
- Downgrade iOS 11.2.5 To iOS 11.2.2 For Potential Future Jailbreak, Here’s How
- Jailbreak iOS 11.2.5 / 11.2.2 / 11.2.1 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.1.2 On iPhone X, 8, 7, iPad Using LiberiOS [Updated]