If you have taken the option to test out Apple’s ongoing iOS 12 beta on one of your main devices but want to be back on an earlier version of firmware, then you’re going to need to downgrade. This guide is going to show you how to do exactly that in order to get your device back to iOS 11.4.1 or the iOS 11.4 beta 3 firmware.
Before you take the plunge from bringing yourself down from the iOS 12 beta to an earlier version of Apple’s firmware, remember that backups of the device made on iTunes or via iCloud will not be compatible with the firmware that you are going to. This is because you are creating a backup on a newer version of firmware.
It’s also worth mentioning that iOS 11.4 beta 3 is particularly interesting to those individuals who may want to run a derivative of iOS 11.4 and be able to use all of the features within but who still want to be able to jailbreak.
For one reason or another, Apple is still signing iOS 11.4 beta 3 – which is jailbreakable using Electra – on iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 8/8Plus, and iPhone X. Now, with that out of the way, let’s dive right into the process:
Step 1: First and foremost, as with all downgrades, you are going to need to have the iOS 11.4.1 final or iOS 11.4 beta 3 firmware file. This will come down as an IPSW file. For downloading iOS 11.4 beta 3 IPSW file for your relevant device, head over here. For iOS 11.4.1 IPSW download, head over to our post here.
Step 2: As is good housekeeping, take a full backup of your device on iOS 12 before you proceed with any downgrade process. It’s very likely that this backup cannot be used as it’s a higher version of firmware but it’s still common sense to capture it.
Step 3: Within iTunes, and with the iOS device connected to the machine, press SHIFT or the OPTION button on Mac or the Windows PC and select Restore… within iTunes and point the software to the downloaded IPSW device. iTunes will then go through its process and put the iOS 11.4.1 or iOS 11.4 beta 3 IPSW on the device.
And, there you go! Once that process has been completed the device in question should be fully restored to a functional and stock version of iOS 11.4.1 or iOS 11.4 beta 3 depending on the firmware file that you chose.
You may also like to check out:
- Jailbreak iOS 11.4 Beta 3 On iPhone X, 8, 7 Using Electra, Here’s How [Guide]
- Downgrade To iOS 11.4 Beta 3, 2, 1 IPSW Download And Jailbreak Using Electra Now Possible
- Jailbreak iOS 11.4.1 On iPhone X By Downgrading To iOS 11.4 Beta 3, Here’s How
- Downgrade iOS 11.4.1 To Older Firmware Version On iPhone Or iPad [How-To Tutorial]
- Download iOS 11.4.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone And iPad
- Download iOS 12 Beta 3 Configuration Profile File Without Developer Account
- Download iOS 12 Beta 3 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone X, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]