Apple has confirmed that the popular iPhone 5c is now classed as a vintage device, meaning that it now has limited support should anything go wrong with one.
Apple typically lists a device as vintage once it has no longer been sold new for five years or more.
The same methods apply to iPhones, iPads, Macs, and anything else that Apple offers in the form of hardware. And while there will be some form of support for anyone with an iPhone 5c that suffers from any kind of failure, it won’t be extensive.
Essentially, so long as parts are available it can be repaired. If not, you’re out of luck.
Vintage products are those that have not been sold for more than 5 and less than 7 years ago. Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod, and Apple TV vintage products continue to receive hardware service from Apple service providers, including Apple Retail Stores, subject to availability of inventory, or as required by law.
Apple first started selling the iPhone 5c in 2013 and it was seen as a cheaper option to the high-end iPhone 5. The plastic casing, available in some stunning colors, made it popular among younger buyers and those who didn’t want to spend big sums alike.
It was the precursor to the iPhone SE and despite reportedly not selling in huge numbers, anyone who bought one was fond of it.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 14.2 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File And iPadOS 14.2 Beta 1 Released
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- iPhone 12 / Pro Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Best iPhone 12, 12 Pro Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- iOS / iPadOS 14 Final Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- Jailbreak iOS 14.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Tutorial]
- Download iOS 14.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.1
- Fix iOS 14 Update Requested Stuck Issue On iPhone And iPad, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 14 Estimating Time Remaining Stuck Issue, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 14 OTA Stuck On Preparing Update Issue, Here’s How
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.1 [Tutorial]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.