Here’s Apple Watch Series 5 Titanium Vs Stainless Steel model weight comparison for those of you considering the latest 5th-gen Apple Watch.
With the arrival of the Apple Watch Series 5, Apple added a new material in the form of titanium. The price point for titanium pits it squarely against the stainless steel models, unlike the ceramic Apple Watch Edition. That means comparisons between the two are likely to be made.
Ultimately the Apple Watch Series 5 in stainless steel and titanium actually look pretty similar. And then of course there’s the aluminum models to consider. They’re all essentially metal. But it’s weight where things differ.
Of course, this being Apple the titanium being used isn’t your standard fare. Apple uses a special surface coating for these new Apple Watches. It’s supposed to make them last longer, apparently.
Only found in the most exclusive watches, titanium is exceptionally strong, lightweight, and beautiful. For our natural titanium finish, we developed a special surface coating that prevents yellowing, staining, and showing fingerprints.
For the 40mm Apple Watch Series 5, the weights are as follows:
- Aluminum: 30.8g
- Titanium: 35.1g
- Ceramic 39.7g
- Stainless Steel: 40.6g
Obviously the 44mm variants are slightly heavier because of the extra size.
- Aluminum: 36.5g
- Titanium: 41.7g
- Ceramic: 46.7g
- Stainless Steel: 47.8g
The new Apple Watch Series 5 is available for pre-order right now and goes on sale on September 20th. It’s a big day for Apple, with a new iPad and the iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, and iPhone 11 Pro Max also going on sale for the first time. Unless you’re picking one of the new products up, that might be a day to avoid a trip to the Apple Store!
You may also like to check out:
- Best iPhone 11, 11 Pro Max Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- iPhone 11 / 11 Pro Max Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Download iOS 13 GM IPSW Links & Install On iPhone XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- iOS 13 / 13.1 Final Version Release Date Announced By Apple
- Download iOS 13 GM IPSW Links And OTA For iPhone
- iPhone 11 Vs iPhone 11 Pro Vs 11 Pro Max Vs XR / XS / Max [Specs Comparison]
- iOS 13.1 Beta 3 Profile File Download Link Without Dev Account, Here’s How
- Download iOS 13.1 Beta 3, iPadOS 13.1 Beta 3 IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone, iPad
- Jailbreak iOS 13 / 13.1 Status Update [Continuously Updated With Latest Info]
- iOS 13 GM Profile File Download Link For OTA Update, Why Is it Not Available?