Apple has today released an updated version of its iOS Apple Store app, as had been expected, with the app now featuring an updated, universal experience across both the iPhone and the iPad.
Part of that experience is additional functionality that brings a new tab to the app, which is called Discover. This tab is populated with Apple Store products that are recommended to users based on the gadgets that they own in an attempt to tailor the buying experience to each individual rather than offering the same recommended products to everyone.
Available to download now from the App Store, the updated Apple Store app is the result of Apple’s quest to make the store more relevant to customers following feedback it has gathered on the buying process. The new Discover tab will go some way to giving users a personal shopping experience while, Apple will hope, making it more likely they will discover and then buy accessories or devices that they may otherwise not know about.
Here’s a screenshot showing the all new Discover section in the revamped Apple Store app for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch devices.
The App Store page details some of the changes brought as part of today’s update:
- Get recommendations and shop for new products based on what works with the Apple devices you already own.
- Manage your Apple account at a glance with the updated, easy-to-use Account tab.
- Learn about helpful workshops and exciting events happening at your nearest Apple Store.
- Stay on top of your in-store activities. Find out when your order is ready for pickup and see what time your reservation starts.
- Scan a product at a participating Apple Store to get more information, make sure it’s compatible, and buy it from your iPhone.
- Find out if a product you’ve added to Favorites is available when you visit a participating store.
With the iPhone 7 due to be announced and subsequently released next month, we expect the Apple Store app to be the easiest and quickest way or order as in past years, so it’s worth downloading the app and getting accustomed to it now. Every second counts when placing that pre-order!
(Download: Apple Store app for iOS on the App Store)
You might also like to check out:
- Jailbreak iOS 9.3.4 For iPhone And iPad [Status Update]
- Download iOS 9.3.4 IPSW For iPhone And iPad [Direct Links]
- Jailbreak iOS 9.3.3, 9.3.2, More With Pangu On iPhone And iPad [Updated]
- Downgrade iOS 9.3.4 To iOS 9.3.3 And Jailbreak While Apple Is Still Signing The Firmware
- Download & Install Pokemon Go For iOS / Android In Any Region Right Now, Here’s How
You can follow us on Twitter, add us to your circle on Google+ or like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple and the web.